CHAPTER 4

The blaring of the alarm clock jarrs me out of my peaceful sleep. I jolt up and reach for it on the nightstand. I smash the snooze button as furiously as I can and slump back on the bed in frustration. I'm still sleepy. Maybe because I was so tired yesterday.
I contemplate on skiving the first class and the thought makes me jolt out of bed. I quickly take a shower and put on some black jeans and a white top. I don’t need to dress in a complicated manner. That will do.
I walk to the living room and Matt is sprawled on the sofa. His legs are propped on the table and he turns to look at me when he notices my presence.
“Good morning roomie?” he asks smirking and I throw daggers at him.
“Good morning too roommate.”
My stomach growls and he chuckles annoying me more. I don’t have any groceries. He made it clear that the ones in the kitchen are his and I should buy mine. It means one thing. I have to eat in the cafeteria before I can buy some groceries. I will ask Raph to accompany me shopping once we are done with our classes.
“Someone is so hungry. I can give you some food but at a price.”
“What do you want in return?” I ask crossing my arms on my chest.
“Some shots.”
“Shots as in tequila?”
“No dumbass. Shots as in sex. Are you a virgin roomie?” he asks raising his eyebrows at me.
“What the fuck? What is wrong with you?” I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Does his life revolve around sex? This guy is such a pervert. Who are his parents? They must be the unluckiest in the whole world.
“That’s my nature baby. You will get used to it.” Baby? All these pet names are pissing me off. An idea strikes me and I smile.
“How about we do our groceries together? I know you don’t like me and I don’t like you too but we can ignore all that when it comes to food.”
“You and I sharing anything? Totally absurd.”
“Think about it. It’s a great idea.”
“Okay, I have some questions before you continue with your blubbering. Do you take snakes?” he asks smugly.
“Yuck!”
He chuckles and rubs his chain with his thumb.
“What about snails?” his lips twitch with a smile.
“Jeez! You will make me throw up. Just stop.” I say putting a hand on my mouth in a disgusted manner.
“Good. That’s what I take. Snails are my favourite. Maybe that’s why I’m so handsome.”
“Hahaha so funny.” I say walking towards the door.
“You can buy some snails and come with them.”
“You suck!” I shout as I open the door.
“See you later my beautiful roomie.” I snort and walk out banging the door behind me.
I walk towards the cafeteria with my headphones in full blast. I settle on one of the benches and order some fries and a burger. Yeah, I know it’s morning but I’m so hungry.
“Fries in the morning?” A voice startles me and I look into the eyes of a grinning handsome guy. This campus has some really hot guys. He smiles nicely and I smile back at him. He looks friendly. Unlike my arrogant roommate.
“May I join you?”
“Yeah, sure?”
He settles down opposite me with a wide smile on his face.
“I’m Liam. What about you?”
“I’m Mel. Short form for Melanie.”
“Which school?”
“School of economics.”
“Wow! I’m taking economics too. Maybe we can be friends?”
“Sure. Nice meeting you.”
“Nice meeting you too.”
We eat in silence and he pays the bills after we are done. We walk towards our class chatting and laughing. Knowing more about each other. We get to our class and there are only two unoccupied seats. He gives me a smile and walks to one of the seats. I walk towards the other and sulk in a deep breathe when I notice who my seatmate will be.
How did he get here? This fast? Why are we meeting everywhere we go? I sit down and assume him. I have nothing to talk about with him.
“Hey roomie?”
“Hey yourself.”
“I thought you would be in class already. You left early and I have beaten you to it.”
Ugh!
“Are you my dad?”
“Nope.”
“Are we dating?”
“Haha you are the last person I would think of dating. You are not my type.”
“Exactly. Just shut up and stop talking to me.”
The lecturer walks in and I let out a sharp breathe. He is here finally. I can now stop listening to all this nonsense.
“Good morning everyone. I'm Mr. Grayson, I will be taking you through…” I hear nothing for the rest of the lesson. Reason? My noisy roommate who can’t shut up for only two hours.
“You know, I still don’t get why the dean had to assign you to my room. My room.” He insits on the room part his eyes still on the lecturer.
“I’m wondering too. It’s the worst thing that ever happened to me. Apart from sitting next to you maybe.” I bite my lip angrily and look at  the lecturer. I have heard totally nothing and the class is almost coming to an end.
“The feeling is absolutely mutual.” He grins goofily and I pout drawing some attention to us. The lecturer sees it and glares at us.
“I will throw you two out of my class. Behave like grown-ups.” He bellows and the rest of the class burst out laughing.
“Sorry sir. We are roommates and we were just talking about how we should look for some grocery after class, right Mel?”
The guts he has! It catches me by surprise and I throw daggers at him attracting more laughter. The girls glare at me. Maybe they think i'm involved with him. It’s clear that every lady wants him. In their pants to be specific. I wish they would know how much hatred we have for each other. He grins at them and they smile blushing. How silly! Blushing because of just some stupid grinning! Madness.
“Okay everyone. Let’s continue.” Mr Jayson continues. Wait. Is it Grayson of Jayson? I don’t remember. I have been distracted through out the lesson.
“Just like that and you are a celeb. You should thank me. Sitting next to a handsome man is a privilege. Don’t you think so roomie? You are now celeb because of me.” He grins goofily and and I clear my throat angrily.
“You are so full of yourself. Who told you you are handsome?”
“I know that. You were gawking at me yesterday.” He says a smile twitched on his lips.
I slap my head in frustration and I hear him chuckling.
“The class is over. Your newest boyfriend is coming towards us. See you later darling.” He says smiling at some girls who are smiling at him seductively. Disgusting! I was so occupied with my anger such that I didn’t notice the lecturer had left.
“Hey Mel? Let’s leave. We should grab some snack.” He says extending his hand to me.
“Sure Liam.” I take his hand smiling at him.
“Don’t stay out late darling.” Matt says grinning goofily.
“Ugh! Let’s go Liam. This place sucks.”
We leave him there entertaining some girls who have now surrounded him. How blind can one be?
“ What’s the deal between you and Matt?”
“That arrogant guy? He is my roommate.”
“Your roommate? I thought he was joking.”
“The worst thing is that it’s true. It sucks you know.”
“I know. That guy is so arrogant.”
We sit under a shade taking some juice we have just bought at the cafeteria.
“What are you doing later today? Maybe we can go somewhere and hangout together.”
“I’m going to some party. My best friend was invited and he is taking me along.”
“Ellaine’s party?”
“Yap.”
“I was invited too and I think I will go too. Because you will be there.”
“Fine. We will meet there. I have to go for shopping. I need a lot of food in the house.”
“Mind if I come with you?”
“Going with my best friend. See you around.” I rise up to leave.
“See you later Mel.” He pulls me to him and I hug him awkwardly. He is a stranger and I’m not used to this.
“You suck at hugging.” I turn and glare at him.
“What! You again?”
“Yeah, your best roommate.”
“You know it’s bad to stalk people.”
“Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m not stalking you. I was on my way to the parking lot and I saw you hugging your boyfriend as if you were being forced.”
I notice Raph on the parking lot and let out a sharp breathe. Matt is so nagging and it is tiring to hear him talk. I'm going to get migraines at this rate.
“Hey munchkin?” he opens his arms and I step into them smiling warmly.
“Hey too Raph.”
“Ready to go shopping?”
“Sure.”
“Let’s go and buy some dresses and shoes. I want you to rock in that party tonight.” He giggles making me chuckle.
“If you leave my side I will crush your balls.”
“That’s so scary.”
“I’m serious. Don’t leave my side Raph. I don’t want to feel out of place.”
“Okay sweetheart. I won’t. Party here we come.” He shouts as he opens my door. Some people turn to look at us but we ignore them and drive out of the parking lot.