chapter 2 (rewritten)

Chapter 2

🌅

IT WAS LIKE WHEN HE
watched sunsets; it spurs something desperate in him to embed the view in his mind so he never forgets. Kaminari, against the cafe's windows with the liquid sunlight turning his hair gold, was a view he never wanted to forget.

He tried not to make meet the blond's eyes, and instead focused the bubbly girl bounding up to him with a loud greeting and stifling...omega pheromones.

"Bakugou! Kirishima!" She smiled widely as she ushered them towards where Kaminari and the rest of his high school classmates were at. "We've been waiting for you guys!"

"We didn't ask you to." The dust-blond muttered, earning himself an elbow jab from his roommate who whispered, "Be nice!" which confused him terribly. He was being nice when he said it.

They were laughing, looking still the same old classmates, albeit lacking their uniforms and the lightness of their youth.

Their reunion spanned over two tables and as he walked closer towards them, the green-haired, freckled boy turned around and his smile fell as his eyes met Bakugou's.

God, that look of his. Acting as if he was all the good and kindness of the world, always, always looking down on him. His spite came out in the form of "Still a fucking loser, aren't you, Deku?"

Silence pooled around the table and, all of a sudden, he was the villain. Well, isn't this scene familiar?

Kirishima broke the heaviness in the air by grabbing Bakugou and sitting them down beside Lida, who turned his nose up in the air when Bakugou sat.

He regretted his decision of coming immediately. It wasn't worth-

"Kirishima."

What was that, like honey oozing softly over, like the ripples of a sparkling stream?

Kaminari grinned to him, leaning over the table.

"Bakubro," He greeted the stunned boy with a wide grin, and it felt warm and soft inside, like the edges of sunlight. "-why are you in such a bad mood first thing in the morning?"

"Was it because your mum woke you up early again?" Kaminari laughed to himself, recalling their high school days.

"Fuck you," He took a second too late to react. "-and if anything was blame, it would be waking up at fucking 7 on a Saturday morning to see your idiotic face."

"Hey!" Kaminari laughed, and looked to Kirishima, jerking his head towards the menu. "What would you guys like? I'm taking the orders."

You, Bakugou thought to himself. What would I give for you?

After they had gotten their food and drinks and Kaminari had left to chat with the others, Kirishima looked to Bakugou sideways, seriously.

"Bakubro..." He already knew what that shitty-hair was going to say.

"Shut the fuck up." He grunted, putting his head in his hands, feeling his ears burn. "I know."

"You still like him?" Kirishima whispered, eyes wide. "Even after all these years?"

"I said," Bakugou growled. "Shut the fuck up."

Kirishima finally got the hint and quietly poked at his food.

There was suddenly an outburst at the table beside, as his classmates started crowding around Midoriya.

"You're an alpha?!" Uraraka exclaimed, and suddenly newfound cracks appeared all over his world.

He's...what?

He's...everything Bakugou had wanted to be?

Why the hell did he get to have everything when Bakugou had nothing? When he worked so damned hard and prayed so damned much, and that green-haired boy got everything without even lifting a finger.

He rose from his seat before Kirishima could react and stop him, and stalked to Midoriya, grabbing his collar.

"You're...lying." He growled as his classmates tried to pull him off of Midoriya.

He shook them off and looked into Midoriya's wide green eyes and shouted, "You're lying!" -feeling tears fog around his vision.

A sudden scent exuded from the boy whom he grabbed, a scent that relentlessly punched at his gut, leaving him no strength to fight back.

"...Why isn't Bakugou fighting back?" He heard Tsuyu ask from the crowd.

"Maybe he isn't an Alpha," Lida guessed, looking at him with those increasingly disapproving eyes.

He would've died from the humiliation if he survived the pain now.

He heard Kirishima trying to push past his classmates to get to him, as his vision started to blur and he felt like he was close to exploding.

That sharp, sweet scent that smelled slightly familiar blanketed over Midoriya's scent, lessening its chokehold over Bakugou, as his world turned to darkness.

All he remembered was falling back to denim and golden eyes before passing out.

how's the rewritten version? ;) please impart your thoughts to me <3