❦ Chapter Seven ❦

Start from the beginning

He began to stutter and his skin flushed red, "c-can't a boy go swimming in a dumpster from time to time?" He retorted sarcastically.

"If you're homeless sure," I replied. He picked up some black thing behind him and started to seethe angrily. "Stiles, what is that?"

"My car battery." Stiles answered flatly.

I chose to accompany Stiles to the local car repair shop to get his jeep fixed. He didn't give me any details on why his car battery was taken out or why he was in the dumpster. A pro of going with him was that I got to see the really attractive mechanic that is currently attending to his car.

I followed Stiles into what seemed to be the garage, where all of the practical magic stuff happens. The sound of some sort of drill rings in my ears, the noise coming from where his jeep is being held up by a kind of car elevator. The really hot mechanic was standing under the jeep, and that seemed to get Stiles all worked up. "Hey, hey!" He said advancing towards the mechanic. They guy wore a grease-stained tank top that showed off his very prominent muscles. Stiles bent down to see what they guy was working on. "What do you think you are doing? All I needed was a starter."

Hottie Mechanic Guy didn't even turn to Stiles, and kept working on the car. The sound of the drill almost deafening and annoying.  "Well, it looks like you're whole exhaust system needed to be replaces, so..." He said with a shrug.

Stiles rolled his tongue over his teeth in annoyance, "why do I get the feeling that you are slightly overestimating the damage?" I gave a little laugh at the look he had on his face.

The guy turns head away from his work on the jeep to face Stiles,  "It's probably going to run you over... twelve hundred for parts and labor." He puckers his lips in thought. McHottie had really nice lips. They were actually quite distracting. Wait, twelve hundred?

My jaw dropped open at his statement. "You are joking, right?" I said nervously. That was a of money, Stiles couldn't possibly afford that! I mean, it's not like he's poor or anything, but John and Stiles aren't exactly rich. Plus Mr Stilinski just bought a whole new wardrobe for me.

"This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is," argued Stiles.

"Do you know what a limited slip differential is?" The mechanic asked with a small smirk on his lips.

"N-No," Stiles answered in a defeated tone.

McHottie turned back to the jeep, peering up and saying, "yeah, coming on more like fifteen hundred." 

Stiles' eyes widened a considerable amount before sighing. "Okay- Just finish."  I hooked my left arm through Stiles' right one in a comforting manner. "We'll be back here, seething with impotent rage," he muttered.

We both walked back out of the garage, coming to the door of the waiting room. With his free hand, he grabbed the handle going to open the door before yanking his hand back and making a noise of disgust. A clear but sticky liquid covered the door handle and the inside of his palm.

"That is absolutely disgusting," I commented, unhooking my arm from his.

"Oh, nice. It's real sanitary!" Stiles said to himself.  He then yelled over his shoulder, directing his words at Mchottie mechanic. "Quality establishment you're running here!" I pulled a tissue out of my pocket and wiped the rest of the sticky substance, before opening the door and stepping into the waiting room. I threw the used tissue in the bin and turned to Stiles who was rubbing his hand in his jumper trying to get the sticky liquid off of it. I looked around, spotting a picture frame hung up on the wall. I took a step closer to get a better look and nudged Stiles to get his attention.