"So, what you call me here for, Hyuckie?" Jaemin gagged at the nickname while Donghyuck's eyes sparkled. The brunette blinked a few times before answering with a quipped, "Jaemin here is in love with two guys, because he's that gay, and he doesn't know what to do about it."

"Here now, wait a diddly darn minute," Jaemin cut in, "I never said I was in love with anyone! Don't go assuming — I don't — 

"Honey, shush, trust me. I've read enough fanfics to know what's going on here. Anyway," he turned back to Mark, leaving Jaemin to sputter out like an old engine.  "Got any ideas on how to help Jaemin? You know more people than I do."

Mark tapped his chin in thought, making Jaemin snort at how comical he was making himself look. "Hm... oh! I know for sure you can talk to Younghoon — he's on our team," he supplied as an afterthought, his nodding at Donghyuck. "Anyway, I heard he's just got himself into a relationship that you might find interesting, Jaemin!"

=

"Wait, so you're telling me—"

"Yep! As of last Thursday, I'm dating Chanhee and Changmin! And they're dating each other, and we're all dating one another! Chanhee calls it the 'circle of love'. It's cute, right?" Younghoon grinned, eyes unfocused for a second, and Jaemin couldn't help but feel jealous. This was something Jaemin simply could not achieve. He wasn't that lucky. 

He snapped himself out of it. Why did he need to know this again, anyway? He was definitely not crushing on any more than one person. 

It wasn't that he didn't agree with polyamory... in fact, he was far more sound with it than he should have been. Fuck, his thought had been "that's the life". 

It was just that... one crush alone was burden enough. Fold in another one and you've got yourself a double-stressed, double-whipped, and a doubly alone Jaemin.  Oh, and add in a dash of the fact that one of these people liked the other and had practically rejected Jaemin already because of that. 

Not the loveliest recipe in the world, but it was what came together to bake Jaemin's love life right now.

He decided that on top of his schoolwork, which was becoming increasingly brutal, he really did not need that extra stress in his life right then. So he had decided he had one crush. That crush was on Lee Jeno, fellow history classmate, fellow team player. One person for Jaemin to pine over (and in vain, might one add. But no need for details).

"Jaemin? You really that far gone, or...?" Younghoon waved a large hand in front of Jaemin, who came to in a daze.

"Whipped? Who, me? Really, you're talking nonsense now," Jaemin replied, rolling his eyes. Younghoon sighed, turning the dial on his locker absentmindedly. "So? Did you wanna talk to me about your own issues, or are you just interested in my love life?" Younghoon wiggled his eyebrows, and Jaemin wished to slap him. 

"Oh god, no. Donghyuck just thinks I'm in love or some shit with two of my friends and Mark just told me to talk to you. Congrats on the relationship, by the way."

Younghoon grinned, and Jaemin couldn't believe that this absolutely-not-PG person was acting so pure when it came to his relationship. Those two boys must have been soft as fuck. "Thanks, dude. Also, mind telling me why you think you don't like these guys?"

Jaemin blinked. "What?" 

"Well, uh" Younghoon started, eyes darting sideways for a second, "You say you don't agree with Donghyuck but you seem more nervous about it, you know? Just know that it's okay. It's normal."

"Oh shit, yeah, I know that. It's just..." Jaemin considered telling Younghoon about what he was thinking. He may have been the only person he could talk to anyways. 

"Well, it just seems twice as draining having two crushes, you know?" To his relief, Younghoon nodded quickly and sympathetically. Jaemin felt his walls shaking. "It's a bit of a situation, really. And — it's hard to be sure. Two people add way too many factors."

Younghoon stared at him, blinking. Then he sighed and patted Jaemin on the shoulder, firm and reassuring.  "Jaemin, I know it sucks," said Younghoon, pulling back and shaking his head. "I been through it too, you know? But it's super worth it in the end." 

"Yeah, that's if you reach the end. I feel like I'm already at 'Game Over'" sighed Jaemin, his hands going limp in his pockets as he remembered the terrible consequences of that kiss. 

"Dude... I have an idea for you." Jaemin looked up at the taller boy hopefully, who drawled, "You could just ask them out and see how it goes—" 

Jaemin's head fell back, "Stop scaring me, fucking imagine how that would go. Je— I mean — I've already basically been rejected once, okay? And I didn't even do anything! The humiliation, Younghoon, imagine!" Younghoon chuckled at his frantic friend. 

"It's okay, Jae. I know how you feel. Whether you want to act on your feelings or not, that's completely up to you. I'm not trying to force you into doing anything, but don't completely dismiss the fact that they — or even one of them — might like you back. I mean, you're not that ugly," he added as an afterthought, subsequently receiving an elbow to the stomach. 

While Younghoon rubbed his stomach, Jaemin fingered the straps of his bag in thought. "I mean... that's an extremely unlikely possibility, but I guess... Thanks, man." 

Younghoon glared up at him, "I can feel the love." He straightened up, sighing, "Really, no problem. Hope you can figure shit out. I'm always here." 

Jaemin smiled at him gratefully. "Thanks. I hope so too."

***