Chapter 11

Walter was gone.

          The Hood was becoming ruthless at times, trying to get answers. It's been weeks, one month and eight days to be exact, since Walter went missing. We've found out that Moira Queen, Oliver's mother, had something to do with it, but Oliver doesn't know what yet. I found out something that I'm not sure I want anyone to know:

          I love Oliver Queen.

          I love him against all my instincts. Even though I know nothing will be able to happen between us because he's so insistent that something bad will happen to me. I'm more than sure that John and Oliver can protect me.

          At least I thought that until Oliver's Hood phone rang. Everything stilled and he answered it. He placed it on speaker.

     "Hello, Vigilante." A man's voice, heavy with an accent and raspy, sounded through the speakers. "I once knew of a man who wore a green hood and shot arrows perfectly. He died, though, so it cannot be you."

     " Who is this?"

     "I'm a little more than hurt, Oliver, that you so not remember me."

     "Slade."

          I was a little more than confused and I looked to John for answers but he wore an expression that matched mine. "Who is Slade?" I mouthed to him. He shrugged his shoulders as an answer.

     "What are you doing here, Slade? I thought you died." Oliver took the phone off speaker and walked away. At the far end of the room, he paced. Quiet for a few minutes and talking so low I couldn't understand. When he hung up he looked tense. His shoulders were stiff and face drawn in.

     "So, who's Slade?" I asked. Oliver ignored me and went about working out on the bars that connected to the ceiling. John just shook his head and folded his arms while I was momentarily amazed. God, I loved watching him do that.

     "Be careful what you say out loud." John chuckled from behind me.

     "I said that out loud?" I covered my mouth with my hand. John nodded.

     "Yes, you did." Oliver said jumping down from the top bar. He looked at me, eyes twinkling with secrets I wish I knew. He heaved a heavy sigh and sat down on my desk. "Slade and I were on the island together. We were once friends, but . . ." Oliver shook his head. "I chose to save Sara's life instead on another woman. A woman that, at the time I really liked and Slade loved. I didn't realize he loved her, though, until I was given the choice to choose. I acted without thinking and jumped in front of Sara."

     "So, why is he here and sounding mad?"

          Oliver smiled at me sadly and covered my hand with his. "He promised to revenge her death and my choice by coming back to take away everything and everyone I ever cared about." The look Oliver gave me sent chills down my spine.

     "So don't let him."

     "I'll try my best."

          A couple days later, I walked into the layer, if you will, and saw Laurel Lance standing there staring at Oliver. He sat sunken in my chair, hands folded across his stomach. I didn't realize I stopped walking until John, who was just a few steps behind me, collided into me.

     "What-" He started and followed my gaze. "Oh." John placed a hand in my shoulder and squeezed lightly. In my ear he whispered, "Breath, Felicity. Nothing will change because she knows."

          For some reason, John always seems to know exactly what I'm thinking and feeling and exactly what to say to make me feel better. I took a deep breath and continued to walk into the large expanse of a room. Oliver barely noticed when John walked over to him but when he heard the click of my shies against the floor he sat up and looked around Laurel. She turned around and stopped. I put on a smile and said, "Hello, I'm Felicity." I stuck out my hand which she ignored.