Love?

I just realized that love is not a feeling,  it's a commitment to the one you chose to give your time, affection and effort too.

It's being a shoulder to cry on, to lean on when you need support when life is getting to you. It's not always 50/50, sometimes it's 23/77 because relationships aren't always sun shine and rainbows,  sometimes it's clouds and thunderstorms. But, in the end it still equals to 100.

It's about being able to be yourself without feeling insecure or worrying about your image in front of them,  because they love you for who you are. Weird, or not,  wild or calm,  introvert or extrovert.

They accept you for who YOU are. They love you for who YOU are.

How can they accept who you are,  if you don't show it?
They don't love you for what you're not.

They help you grow, flourish into something beautiful. They don't cut you down and stump your growth. They don't limit what you can or can't do, they let you free and let you do what you want. (Within reason)

No, love is not a feeling.  You might feel butterflies in your stomach when they smile at you, or does some random act of kindness. But, love is a full commitment to the other person. To help them when they need it,  and vice versa. Love is a rare form of friendship, I suppose.