The Truth

It didn't take long to get home. We had some work to do before the other three got to the apartment. We had to get the soju chilled and put the chips in bowls. This didn't take us long to get ready. Junhee, Donghun and Yuchan would be arriving shortly.

Not even 20 minutes after we had everything ready the other three showed up. Donghun and Junhee walked through the door. Yuchan was holding his boyfriend's hand. The three headed to the living room where the TV was and waited for Byeongkwan and me.

The party began once Byeongkwan and I entered the room with everything. The two of us had to grab chairs since the other three occupied the couch that we owned. I looked over to my friends and seen them laughing at the TV show they were watching. Donghun, Junhee and Yuchan were watching Strong Girl Bongsoon.

"Sounds like they are enjoying the K-Drama," Byeongkwan told me, breaking the silence between us. I stared at my friends on the couch. They really did seem to be enjoying the show.

"They are," I answered. I could see Byeongkwan looking at me from the side. I headed on into the room with all the stuff Byeongkwan and I had prepared before their arrival. The three noticed us immediately and I had to dodge Yuchan since he almost flew towards the bowls of chips. I swear that young man isn't even grown up.

The five of us started snacking on the chips but Donghun had to stop Yuchan from eating them all. This made Byeongkwan and I laugh. I could tell Junhee felt like a third wheel with the other two but he never complained about it. I watched these three argue over the food and as I sat down. Yes I've been standing this whole time.

"We invited a few more people. They will be here later. Channie had to work late," Yuchan told the group. Great, they invited Himchan and his boyfriend.

"Well that makes everything more interesting," Junhee added. I smiled at this. I haven't seen Jongup in a long time. I really missed that quiet, shy boy.

"How long will it take for them to arrive?" I asked the others.

"We don't know. They will come when they do. Until then, lets party!" Yuchan told them. So that's exactly what they did.

Byeongkwan tuned on some music and blasted the whole apartment with all kinds of music. The five of us were taking turns singing the songs that would come on. The songs where on shuffle and it was currently Junhee's turn. Each of us has downed at least 3 bottles of soju. We were pretty loopy when Himchan and Jongup arrived. The door bell rang right after Junhee finished his song. Byeongkwan stood up and stumbled to the door to let the other two in. Himchan and Jongup walked in and headed to where the others were.

I watched Byeongkwan shut the door and walk over to where the rest of us were. Byeongkwan sat down on the couch next to me. The other four were conversing between them while I sat there watching the man beside me. I don't know if the alcohol had something to do with it but Byeongkwan was very handsome right now. I really couldn't take my eyes off of him. The way the light shined off his hair or how his eyes glistened in the light. My thoughts were interrupted by the other four.

"Sehyoon, so I see you found him," Himchan spoke up. I looked at the older man.

"Yes I did. It was kind of how I did though," I answered my other close friend.

"Are you going to protect him from all the people that are after him?" Jongup asked. I stared at the younger with wide eyes.

"I'm wanted? By who?" Byeongkwan suddenly asked.

"The gang I was a part of are after you. Himchan, Taekwoon and I were out to protect you. I was the only one on the inside. Himchan kept track of your whereabouts and he told me so then I could steer the gang the other direction. It was my job to protect you a long time ago. Then Himchan lost you. That was soon before I got away from the gang and Taekwoon took me in to keep me safe while Himchan and I tried to find you again," I explained. Himchan nodded his head as I explained. Junhee, Yuchan, and Donghun knew this too. I had told them a long time ago so then they wouldn't be surprised to hear it.

"So let me guess, you knew where I was the whole three years I was heartbroken because you left?" Byeongkwan asked.

"Most of it I did," I replied. "I wanted to keep tabs on you. I never truly left, I was always there. I know it is a lot to take in for today but this is what the last three years had been like for me."

"Is this the truth?" Byeongkwan asked. What I could see in his eyes wasn't good. They held anger within the black pupils.

"Byeongkwan," I whispered.

"Kim Byeongkwan, he did all this to protect you. I've never seen him more dedicated to protect somebody as I've seen him do for you. Please don't be angry with him," Himchan told my boyfriend.

"Why couldn't he just stay with me? Is that too much to ask?" Byeongkwan asked. For once, Byeongkwan was right. I should have just stayed. His parents would still be alive.

"I'm sorry, Kwan," I whispered. I stood up and walked towards the door to Byeongkwan's apartment. I needed some fresh air.

I had left the apartment and hurried outside. I couldn't handle it anymore. Byeongkwan was right about a lot of things. I should have stayed and protected him that way instead of watch his parents die and the boy I swore to protect hurt because his parents were gone and that I had left him. What I should have done was stayed then I wouldn't have the gang after me as well as Byeongkwan.

The night air was calming. The wind blew slightly and the smell of rain was in the air. The sound of traffic could be heard from the heart of the city. Seoul never did have a quiet hour when it is the capital of South Korea. Seoul was full of people and not one slept at a decent hour. All the night shift people were getting to their jobs while all the day shift people went home for dinner and to sleep the night away.

"Look who we found," I heard a voice and I froze. This was something I hoped would never happen.