[Chapter Twenty-Two]

Amelia and Nina walked into their room and met a frantic Amber who was running around trying her best to get ready as fast as she could, and still look up to her standards. Amelia sighed and walked over to her bed where she saw a few dresses thrown out, but there was one laid on top that caught her eye. It was a beautiful short red dress, that had a note laying on top of it. "I figured you might need a dress. Your mask will be waiting for you at the ball."

"Amber did you give me this one," she asked turning around to Amber who was rushing to get her hair perfected. She stopped for a second to look at the dress before shaking her head no and going back to what she was originally doing. "Who would give me a dress," she asked herself. With a shrug of her shoulders, Amelia picked up the dress and headed to the bathroom, so she could change. She braided a piece of her and pinned it back, letting the rest of her hair flow down her back.

Amelia took one last look in the mirror before walking out and into her room, where she expected Nina and Amber to be. When they weren't there, she headed on downstairs, figuring they were waiting for her at the bottom.

She walked down the stairs to be met by eight smiling faces. Jerome was already over at the exhibition, needing to be there early to get changed into his mummy costume. "That's such a beautiful dress," "Where'd you get it," Mara and Joy gushed. "I don't know; it was on my bed when I got home today." Everyone looked at each other, as if they all had the same idea of who it was. "What; why are you guys all staring at me?" "We've just never seen you this done up. I mean who knew you were a real girl," Alfie joked. "Yeah, well, don't get used to it," she glared.

They all headed to the library as a group, making it just in time for Jasper's opening speech. Amelia stood in the corner, away from everyone, feeling awkward in her dress. Mr. Ziestack cut the ribbon to the exhibition causing the whole room to cheer. After the speech, Jerome walked around in his mummy costume, handing out drinks to everyone who wanted one. Alfie followed behind him, carrying the strands of Jerome's costume that were unraveling and hitting the floor.

It was time for the back off, causing Alfie to drop the strands of Jerome's costume that he was holding. "Ooo bake off," he yelled, running over to where they were presenting the cakes. Amber walked over to Amelia, who was still in the corner hiding away from everyone. "I swear he would pick food over me if it came down to it," she sighed. "Well, food has always been there for him," she joked, causing Amber to glare at her.

Nina and Fabian walked over to the two girls, figuring this was the perfect time to go down to the tunnels and test out the hopscotch pattern. "Guys, if we want to disarm the hopscotch trap, now's our best chance to slip away," Nina suggested. Amber started to whine, not wanting to possibly be late to the ball, or even miss it entirely. "But the ball will be starting soon. "So, you can be fashionably late," Amelia suggested. Amelia grabbed her arm to make sure she wouldn't try and run away and pulled her along. "Come on," "Okay let's go."

The group quickly walked out of the library and to the house, immediately going through the old oven and to the tunnels, wanting to get the task done as quick as possible. Amber gave the group a small pep talk before they started. "Okay, no mistakes, no stopping, and if the ceiling starts coming down, go back and start again. It won't stop till we're all across. Remember, don't stop or the ceiling drops. For Nina, for the mask, for Sibuna."

Amber held her heel over her eye, the others following suit, all of them chanting Sibuna. Amber stepped up and started to chant the steps, "Moo, bah, woof, quack, meow." She safely got across and gave herself a high-five, "Self-five." "Alright," Amelia muttered as she stepped up, taking a deep breath before she began. Once she got to the other side, she let out a loud yell, pulling Amber in for a hug.