What The Heck Did You Do? (Part 2)

Alex's POV

I'm starting to worry about John. He hasn't come back to the apartment like I'd hoped- I mean thought. What if he's just wandering the streets? No...John's not stupid.

I pick up my phone and call Eliza. She answers after one ring. 

"Hey, Eliza."

"Hi Alex!"

"Have you seen John?" 

"He texted last week saying he was staying here, but he never showed up." 

"Oh. Thanks Eliza."

"You're welcome. I'll keep a look out for him."

"Thanks. Bye." 

"Bye."

I let out a depressing sigh, and grab my coat. I slam the door of the apartment, and lock it. I run to Thomas's house. I rapidly bang on the door. A annoyed Thomas answers, but brightens up when he sees me. Before I can start to talk Thomas cuts me off:

"Have you seen John? I haven't heard from James since John moved out of your apartment." 

"I haven't heard from either of them, but I do know where James lives. I think he'll be there."

"Ok well we can go later."

"What, why not now?" I question.

Thomas places his finger on my lips and moves it around. He bits his lip seductively and I start to grin.

But then he ruins the moment by wiping his finger on my shirt.

3rd person POV

John hacks into Alex's phone, into the camera app. He hears groans and moans. His tongue sticks out of his mouth in disgust. Tears started to prick his eyes and run down his warm cheeks. He couldn't believe that Alex had still kept cheating even after they broke up. How low can Alex stoop? 

John's sadness was filled with rage and he stifled the urge to yell a string of curse words. 

"Ok let's go to James's house." Alex says.

John laughed out loud and shut off the camera app. 

"YO, JAMES!"

"WHAT?" 

"TIME TO PUT THIS PLAN INTO ACTION!"

Then John Laurens turns to an invisible camera and smirks at it. Goodbye fourth wall.

Ding dong! The doorbell rings and James answers with a smile on his face. He frowns when he sees Thomas standing there, and with Alex too. Way to rub salt in a cut. But he brushes away his feelings, because now...he has John. 

He leads the two men into the living room and sits them on the couch. Then John walks in, he looks up at them in the living room surprised. This was all part of the plan of course. It was 8:00 pm and dark out. James lit a fire in the hearth, or fireplace if you don't call it a hearth anymore.

John went and retrieved a brown wooden box sitting on top of the mantel, (you can see where I'm going with this.) he opened the box and took out all of the letters. About two fistfuls.

Now turn on burn, it can be first burn, or burn from the album, I suggest burn from the album because that's the one I'm doing the lyrics to. Ok I'm done.

"I saved every letter you wrote me...from the moment I read them I knew you were mine. You said you were mine. I thought you were mine." John said, glaring at Alexander.

"Do you know what Lafayette said, when we saw your first letter arrive? He said: 'Be carful  with that one love, he will do what it takes to survive. '"

John walked up to Alexander, Alexander quaking from fear.

"You and your words flooded my senses, your sentences left me defenseless, you built me palaces out of paragraphs. You built cathedrals." 

John looked down, then sang in a raspy voice.

"I'm re-reading the letters you wrote me. I'm searching and scanning for answers in every line, for some kind of sign, and when you were mine, the world seemed to...

Buuuuuurrrrrnnnnnn.

Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnn." 

John tossed an entire fistful of letters into the fire. Alex covered his mouth with a hand, and let out a strangled cry.

James had his back turned to the boys, but they could hear every word perfectly.

"You published the letters he wrote you!" 

He digs the pamphlet out of his pocket.

"He told the whole world how you brought this boy into our bed! In clearing his name, he has ruined our lives!" 

James whirled around and threw the pamphlet at Thomas scattering papers everywhere.

"Do you know what Lafayette said, when he'd read what you done? He said, 'You have married an Icarus, he has flown close to the sun.' You and your words obsessed with your legacy. Your sentences border on senseless, and you are paranoid in every paragraph, how they perceive you!" 

"You! You! You!" They both sang.

Tears streamed down John's face. Alex reached up to wipe a tear, but John caught his hand. John dropped Alex's hand and lowered his head.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how I reacted when you broke my heart. YOU HAVE TORN IT ALL APART I'M WATCHING IT, BUUUURRRRRNNNNN!"

"Watching it,  BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!" James echoed.

James had tears trailing down his cheeks, burning hot. Thomas looked like a a guilty puppy.

"THE WORLD HAS NO RIGHT TO MY HEART, THE WORLD HAS NO PLACE IN OUR BED. THEY WON'T GET TO KNOW WHAT I SAID, I'M BURNING THE MEMORIES, BURNING THE LETTERS THAT MIGHT HAVE REDEEMED YOU! YOU FORFEIT ALL RIGHTS TO MY HEART! YOU FORFEIT THE PLACE IN OUR BED! YOU'LL SLEEP IN YOUR OFFICE INSTEAD, WITHOUT MAKING MEMORIES OF WHEN YOU WERE MIIIINNNNNEEEEE!" James sang.

John tossed the rest of the letters into the fire. Both John and James turned back towards the boys. 

"I hope that you burn." They sing in a voice scarcely above a whisper.

Thomas has his head down and is sobbing quietly, while Alex had his head in his hands, and is rethinking his life choices. 

~After Alexander and Thomas leave~

"Man, that felt good to get off my chest." John says.

James chuckles.

"Yeah." He says, and snuggles closer to John.

John wraps his arm around James.

They spent the rest of the day laying around cuddling.

Wow! The part 2 story was exactly 1000 words!