The Refusal

•••
Recap of America's POV: "Well then we have a lot of work to do." Mom says as she walks out of the room to get the rest of the family so we can plan.

True love and beautiful children, what more can I want?
~~~
The edit above is mine. Comment if you like it.
•••

- Maxon's POV -

"Maxon, look." Kriss points to one of her gossip magazines. I sigh and avert my eyes from my documents to the magazine cover. It has America on it. I read the title, 'Is America Singer, Daughter Of Illéa Pregnant Before Marriage?'.

"What type of rubbish is this?" I ask Kriss in a disgusted tone. Kriss flips to a page in the magazine.

"It says in the gossip column that America is rumored to have gotten pregnant near the end of the Selection. But, that doesn't make sense unless if...." Kriss trails off and makes me shake my head in disproval.

"Nothing happened between us." I tell her but then I realize something did happen.

Could it be? Is she actually pregnant with my baby? Maxon! No, it couldn't have happened. What are you thinking?

I scold myself mentally as I get consumed in my thoughts.

"Maxon!" Kriss exclaims, capturing my thoughts.

"Sorry." I tell her and rest my hand over hers in a comforting manner.

"So, as I was saying...couldn't have America also gotten pregnant by her fiancé?" Kriss asks.

"Kriss you are thinking too hard, I think America would know better than to get herself pregnant when she is constantly in everyone's eyes. You're overthinking such a made up incident. Have some faith in her and your husband." I gently scold Kriss, and peck her lips.

"You're right, sorry." Kriss says as he lowers her head. I reach up and tilt her head up with my hand and face her chocolate orbs into mine.

"Don't be sweetheart, I was too harsh." I tell her as I lock my lips with hers. I push her under me as I shove my documents off the bed.

- Elliot's POV -

"Should we do the wedding here at the hospital or at one of our houses?" America asks me.

"At the hospital, I don't want to risk your live or our babies lives." I tell her at I rest my hand on her stomach.

"Yeah, that's right. Your mother and I are going to get married. Are you two little ones excited?" I say to them and America starts laughing.

"You know they can't hear you right now?" America asks as she continues to giggle.

"Yes, but what's the harm?" I question and America finally calms down.  America moves her face closer to me and locks her lips with mine.

"That's why I love you." America says after we finally pull away.  I smile at her in pull her into my embrace as I kiss her forehead.

"Just a few more days my love. Then, we can start our happily ever after with our babies." I look at America with love.

"I can't wait." America murmurs.

My love is in my arms and is about to be mine. What else can I ask god for?

- Maxon's POV -

"Kriss, would you like to help me dissolve the castes?" I ask out of nowhere and Kris's freezes.

"I know you disagree because it had to do with America. But we can't let the people of Illéa suffer because of it. They are suffering and as King and Queen of Illéa we have duty to end their suffering. What do you say?" I add on.

"Maxon, I know you have the best intentions. However, I can't accept; I don't want to risk messing up everything. Please don't burden me with this. Instead ask someone else to do it, even America. Please." Kriss says as she tightens her grip on my hand. She then grabs the sheets and wraps in around herself as she walks over to her room, giving me a faint smile before she closes the door.

What should I do now?
•••
New:

~~~Thank you for reading up to this point and for not giving up on me

~~~
Thank you for reading up to this point and for not giving up on me. I would like to apologize for the short chapter, any grammatical errors, and any spelling errors. Comment what you think Maxon will do. Vote for this chapter or any other chapter in any of my books, if you like my work. Also follow me for notifications and if you like my work. Don't forget to check out any of my other books or schreave4life, Kami_the_dancer05, loolivvy, SabrinaCarpenterLuv, __JustAnotherDreamer, septemberbaby_14, Starbutterfly2048, MakeupGeek0853, Tall_and_Short1, and Daugular01. I hope everyone has a gay day. 😘

- Indiagurl