the window

eleven's p.o.v

i wake up on the hard, cold floor, blood trickling down my nose and ears. coughing up a white substance, i stand up slowly. i'm in the upside down. i'm still in the classroom where I killed the demogorgon and lost y/n.

exiting the classroom, my footsteps echoing throughout the school. i groan and lean up against the wall.

"y/n?" i call out, hoping she can hear me. hoping that this is all a bad dream.

i continue walking through the cold school, beginning to cry.

"y/n?" i call out again.

i breath heavily. my head turns in all directions, hoping that nothing is following me.

"y/n? y/n!" i call even louder.

"y/n!" i scream at the top of my lungs. "y/n!"

i stop by the top of the stairs and whimper quietly. i'm stuck in the upside down. from behind me, i hear the soldiers shouting. they really don't give up.

i see a red hole in the wall, surrounded by vines. i fully turn around and approach it. white particles float around me as i walk towards the hole.

i put my hand against the wall and look through the hole. i realise that it's not a hole, but a window. on the other side i see bad men with flashlights.

a man looks through the window as i quickly jump to the side, an explosion being heard in the background.

"bravo team, check in." a bad man says.

how many are there?

i breath heavily, hoping he didn't see me. the light disappears along with the voices. i slowly look through the window again. i put my hand up to the window. it doesn't feel like glass, yet it feels like slime. i put my arm all the way in. i can feel the cool air on the other side. slowly, i pull my hand back.

my hand is covered in goo.

i walk back a little and wipe my hand on y/n's old dress. she's the only reason i want to get out of the upside down. she cared for me like no one else did. she was my friend, my family, my one true love. i have to get back to her. i need to get back to her.

i raise my hand and use my powers that i have truly mastered, thanks to my new group of friends. the bricks fall from around the window. i shake as i put all my concentration into escaping.

i put both my hands in front of me, as i dive through the portal. i grunt as i fall out. i pant, loudly. i may have escaped the upside down, but I haven't escaped the bad men.

blood and slime covers the floor as i slowly stand up. i walk towards the door, tired. i go to the one place I know where to go.

mike's house.

. . .

i finally make it to mike's house, hoping that y/n's there. i've never been to her house. i don't know much about her home life, only that she has an older brother, steve. according to lucas, he's not nice.

i stand in front of the place that once made me so happy. it's now surrounded by cars with flashing blue lights on top. my heart instantly sinks.

i walk up to the window. y/n is sitting next to mike on the sofa. y/n stares through the window, lost in thought as two bad men to talk to mike. i slightly smile as I see her pretty face. y/n breaks out of her train of thought and makes eye contact with me. she looks confused, happy, sad, mad. i so wish i could do that thing with our lips again. i wonder what it's called. but unfortunately, we might never have an opportunity to do it again. 

y/n continues to look at me, as mike looks through the window as well, alerting the two bad people.

i quickly run away with the small amount of energy i have left.

i hide underneath a fallen tree, hugging my legs, silently crying. i've lost her. i've lost y/n.

y/n's p.o.v

it hasn't been that long since eleven had disappeared, just a couple of hours and i already hated being here without her by my side. i only knew her for a few days and she became my soulmate. i loved her and i never told her that.

i sat in the wheeler's living room with mike, he held my hand tightly, in a friendly way of course. we were being questioned by two people, who i assumed worked with the government, about eleven. like i would tell them anything about her.

"go back to the beginning." the women told us.

"we told you everything." mike said for the both of us as the woman got down to our level, trying to get some answers out of us.

"i understand this is difficult for you two." the man spoke to us.

"i don't know where she is." mike said raising his voice as I just zoned out, heartbroken. "and even if we did, we'd never tell you. i would never tell you."

"i know it's difficult to accept, the stories she told you two were not true. she's a very dangerous individual." the woman said, trying to make us believe her.

"if she contacts either of you, you must tell us." the man spoke, but only mike was listening, i didn't say anything, i just stared out the window.

"otherwise, you're putting yourself and your entire family at risk." the woman continued.

i furrowed my eyebrows at the window. i don't know if I was imagining it, or she's actually there, but it looks like out the window is eleven. that makes me grip mike's hand tighter, he looks over at me noticing me staring out the window, he does the same thing.

"do you understand, y/n?" she asks me. "do you understand?"

"y/n?" the man asks me. "y/n?"

they follow where our eyes are locked onto and run outside to check if the girl i love is actually outside. they grab flashlights and look all around the outside of the house.

"did you see what i saw?" i loosen my grip on his hand slightly.

"eleven." he responds.

"she's got to be alive. she's got to be."

word count: 1015