Marvellous

Third Person's POV

"Science is so amazing,"Ash says with stars in his eyes.

He has spent the last few hours marvelling at all of Clemont's unfinished projects. The ideas of the inventions are what intrigues Ash the most, even if none of them work yet.

Clemont himself is trying to figure out what went wrong with Clembot. The gym leader replacement robot was supposed to clear up time for the lemon haired boy. Instead it's been more of a pest and now Clemont is too busy with it to run the gym.

Thankfully there's a special Pokémon showcase happening at the base of Prism Tower so the gym was already scheduled to be closed for the day. Which baffles Clemont even more since Ash shouldn't have got into the battlefield.

"Hey Ash?" Clemont says while wiring some complicated parts in Clembot. "How'd you get into the gym when it was closed and has a four gym badge requirement?"

"Uhh," Ash sweat drops and looks at his Pikachu. "We didn't want to deal with all the people at the base of the tower and we wanted to get to the top as soon as possible so that we could spot the gym from up there."

"So we climbed up an entrance we found that was almost like a slide," Ash chuckles. "Then we lied after being rejected the first time."

"How didn't you fall in the first time after getting rejected?" Clemont continues to question the raven haired boy.

"Quick reflexes," Ash scratches his cheek. "Why do you have a limit on who can battle anyways?"

"Since Lumiose City is so big I get tons of challengers everyday," Clemont explains. "It's almost like an attraction since most that challenged this gym didn't plan to get any other gym badges. So I was here battling really inexperienced battlers without a big passion for battling. That's why I made a limit so I knew I was battling trainers fighting for league admission."

"Never thought of that," Ash says. "I guess I'll be back after I get four badges then."

"If I can get Clembot up and running I wouldn't mind making time for a gym battle against you today," The inventor smirks. "If you're up to it of course."

"I would," Ash pauses to think for a second. "But you want trainers with at least four badges to battle, and I don't want to be an exception."

"Aww," A childish girl voice whines. "I wanted to see a battle today."

"This is my sister Bonnie," Clemont sighs as a lemon blonde girl who looks about nine years old walks in. "This is Ash."

"Big brother have you told Ash that your lab is a danger zone?" She asks while seemingly being so innocent.

"Why?" Ash asks.

"Because all of his inventions explode," She says bluntly and walks over to one of the city- overlooking windows.

"Clembot hasn't exploded!" Clemont argues.

"He doesn't work either," She teases.

"Ugh," The older sibling groans and goes back to work. "Can you leave please?"

"Bonnie you know this city pretty well right?" Ash asks the girl, Clemont looks up confused.

"Yeah I'm a professional Lumiosian tour guide," She answers proudly.

"Then how about you show me to Professor Sycamore's lab since I was told to go there as soon as possible," Ash suggests.

"As soon as possible?" Clemont questions. "You came here right after you got off the plane and ate lunch here."