Chapter One

"Where are we going now?" I questioned my mother, who is  rudely not answering my question.

 After a nice long pause she responds "To Asia, maybe Thailand, you liked it there the last time we were there."  

"Yes, I liked it when I was what, 8?" I don't even remember ever going to Thailand. But of course my mom responds being snarky, "No, I think you were 11, yes 1875." She loves to prove me wrong. 

"Right now I remember, it was after dad kicked out so we could live this amazing life of running." I tell her reminding her of the way we ended up like this. When I say it though her face changes, and it becomes serious face. " Emma, we run to protect ourselves." she says very seriously. Something about what she says makes me annoyed though, even though she is right, something about it get's me a little angry. 

"Well what if I don't want to run anymore." I ask her, only testing her limits for the day. I can tell my statement is making her way more angry than her's made me. 

"Emma Elizabeth Petrova, you can run on your own if you would like, but you will run no matter what. It's what keeps us alive, otherwise you will be caught and killed." I know she is right no matter how much I hate it. Oh, and yes that is my name, well actually it's Emmerson, but everyone calls me Emma. Yes, I am the daughter of Katerina Petrova/Katherine Perice, and my father is Stefan Salvatore. 

People ask how I was born, and all the witches ever give me is that the starts aligned and it was time for a new doppelganger. That also means that I look exactly like my mom, which you would be cool, but trust me it's not.   

Anyways, now that you know that I guess I'm off to Thailand because there are always people trying to kill me. And the fact that my father kicked me out of his life at the age 10 probably doesn't help either. He basically told my mom and I that he hated us and never wanted to see us. He's also done some pretty crappy to my mom and I over the years that do not give him any points. Now we know he is back in Mystic Falls doing god knows what. We do know he is hanging out with my aunt Elena, but that is it.  My mom and I have been running from her past and my father for the entirety of my life. 

"Fine" I concede to running, " I'll run, but on my own." 

"That's fine, where do you plan on going?" 

"Back to Mystic Falls, I would like to see my aunt."  

"In Mystic Falls? Have you gone crazy Emma? You know your father is there." 

"Yes mother I am well aware of who's there, you know I hear that Damon is there too." 

"So your going there to see your aunt Elena, that's the only person."

"Yes, I would like to see my one and only aunt, who just happens to be in Mystic Falls."

"Okay, fine" She know's the truth about how I would actually like to see my father. But I should want to see my father, I mean he is my father. Yes I know he hates me and has tried to kill me more than once, but he is still my father. I have a right to see him and the want to see him. "Emma don't forget that he hates you, he doesn't want to see you." She reminds me sweetly. 

"Mom, I want him to see where I got in life without him, and  I want him to see that he does not control me, so I am going to Mystic Falls." 

"You can go Emma, but call Elena 1st, I hear she has a new life there." I can't screw up her life there, it's one of the family rules, no screwing up covers or new identities. It  makes me think about the fact that there may not be any room for me in her new life, but if I want to go then I have to call. 

"I'm going into town, be back later, love you." I scream to my mom on my out. 

My mom and I are in the middle of nowhere in Montana, how one of her old boyfriends managed to find us is beyond me. But they did find us, so it's time to go. I wish we would go to a big city every once in awhile, that way I wouldn't have to travel 30 minuets to get service. 

On my way into town I think about my mom, I know she has a bad side, and I've seen it before. It doesn't scare because I know she would never do that to me. With me she is a good mom, she truly loves me and would do anything for me. That's why she gives me so much freedom with where I go, as long as I tell her she usually doesn't care. 

Well I finally made it to town, so time to call aunty Elena. 

Well guys there's the 1st chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it. It's a little short, but I'm still getting the hang of this writing thing, so please be patient, I promise I'll get better. Thanks for reading.