Chapter Eight

Barry lost track of time. He had no idea how long he was there, how long he just layed tied down, unable to feel much of anything but pain. Everything hurt. As far as he could guess, he'd been here for about a day or so, but if he was being honest with himself, it could have been a week. He just didn't know.

Korxky had come in multiple times to talk to him, and tell him that he would soon see that they belonged with each other. Every time, Barry cursed at him and said that it would never happen. Not as long as he had free will. Korxky had left then and hadn't been back since. Which is why when the sound of keys jingling at the door of the room alerted him and scared him as well.

Barry turned his head, allowing his hazel eyes to watch Korxky move toward him with precision and purpose. He subcon-sciously pulled on his restraints and swallowed thickly when he stopped by his side. He had to crane his head to see his face, which caused his neck to throb.

"Please let me go." Barry whispered, his eyes glassy. His lips barely moved and his face was twisted into one of fear.

Korxky reached out to carress his cheek and Barry turned his head away, squeezing his eyes shut. "You know I won't do that."

"Could I get some water then or something because I'm really thirsty." Barry asked sheepishly.

Korxky nodded and smiled before leaving the room. Barry immediately began pulling on the restraints but they weren't budging. Damn, was this guy the frickin' champion knot tier? Barry thought in frustration when the ropes wouldn't give at all. He relaxed back when Korxky came back.

Barry gulped the water in large swallows while Korxky held it to his lips and propped his head up, unnerving him even more when he began to softly stroke his hair. Somehow Barry held his resolve, his body still sore from whatever he gave him earlier, and he didn't really want to find out what happened when cheerful Korxky got angry.

After laying Barry's head back down Korxky crouched down next to him, fingers still roaming through his hair, Barry stared straight at the ceiling, trying to ignore the look of pure adoration on Korxky's face and the feel of him gently caressing his hair, and tried to figure out what his next move was. He was about to speak, when a voice interrupted him.

"You know what? I don't think I can." Korxky spoke slowly, thoughtfully.

Barry's heart leapt in hope, was he going to be released?

"I don't think I can wait."

His heart settled nauseatingly in his stomach. Korxky began to speak faster, he became more high-strung and excited, like a child about to open a present, this was not an analogy Barry wanted to think about.

"I mean, I was going to wait. I really was, I was going to save it, until I was sure I would have you forever, but I don't think I can. I really don't." He continued his rambling; Barry didn't know if he was talking to him or not, Korxky was getting more and more agitated, his fingers running a harder and harder path through Barry's hair, he could feel his nails digging into the skin of his head. 

Oh God, what's he going to do? Whatever it was, Barry was sure it wasn't going to be good. All the others that had gone missing started running through his head, what had he done to them? Would he do to Barry what he had done to the others? Would it be worse or would it be better?

If that could even be a good thing.

He was snapped from his thoughts, when suddenly Korxky was on the bed with him, the extra weight making to springs creak pecariously, Barry found himself being straddled. No this was definitely not good! 

Wild eyes fixed on his terrified ones, and then he felt hands on his waist, his belt being whipped off, hands where hands shouldn't be, at least not a man's hands. Barry thrashed on the bed trying to topple him to the floor, but with his hands and feet restrained, it proved to be a lot less effective than he had hoped.

He was really starting to panic now; he began to protest loudly, trying to calm him down but not breaking his resolve. He was silenced when a mouth smothered his in a violent kiss. Resolve be damned, he reared back and head butted the guy, finally sending him to the floor, he wasn't about to become some victim in this! Not like that!

He tried to look as menacing as he could from his prone position, Korxky lay panting on the floor, propped up on his elbows, blood gushing from his nose, he wiped it away with his sleeve, leaving a sickening red trail across his face.

"Alright then," he said roughly, "most of the others were like you as well to start with, I just thought you were going to be different. But it's alright; you'll see it too eventually."

Barry was beyond freaked now; how the hell was he going to get out of this, as a cloth was forced over his mouth making him dizzy, he prayed that Joe would save him soon and then he slipped into unconsciousness.

__ __

Barry groaned softly and opened his eyes; at least he thought he opened his eyes. He really had to stop losing consciousness all the time; it was going to seriously mess him up if he wasn't careful. He was sure he had his eyes open, damn it, it was dark. He tried to sit up and succeeded in banging his head. Laying back down he put his hands to his throbbing forehead and then moved them gingerly upwards feeling a hard surface half a foot from his face. He tried to keep himself calm, but he had a horrible feeling about where he was. He put his now shaking hands out to the sides and felt walls that were close, too close. Moving faster he searched above his head and again felt something solid. 

Oh God Oh God Oh God! Please No! 

Groping in his pocket for his phone he was relieved to find still there, he turned it on, and immediately wished he hadn't. He was trapped, surrounded by wood. He was in a coffin. Panic kicked in, fast. Faster than he could run. He screamed, his cries became hoarse as he bucked and kicked and scratched, clawing at the crude lid, feeling splinters bed themselves in his skin and nails tear, but he didn't care he had to get out of there. He stopped his frantic attempt at escape when he heard a voice.

"Ah, you're finally awake then, Barry? Well I'm so glad, I was just about to leave. It's a good thing you woke up when you did or you wouldn't have known what was going on." That chuckle followed the dark tone again.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this to you, I was hoping you'd make it easy on me. Do you think it's easy for me to do this? I wish I didn't have to but it's the only way you'll learn. Goodbye Barry."

Throughout Korxky's little speech, Barry had lain there quietly, shaking, and trying not to hyperventilate. All that went right out the window when he heard one of the most horrifying sounds of his life, a gentle thud on top of the box, followed by another, and then small flecks of dirt fell onto his face.

Oh God, I'm being buried alive.

He started to scream again. "NO! PLEASE NO! PLEASE I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE! PLEASE! NO!"

"Barry, this is for the best, and you'll see I'm not unreasonable, I left you your phone. Now please be quiet, you'll wake the neighbours."

The insane laughter that Barry heard above the shovelling of dirt sent him into another fit of panic. And boy was he panicking, Barry Allen didn't beg, but he was pleading now, and he was fairly sure he was having a panic attack. He felt hopeless and terrified. Eventually after what seemed like an eternity he slowed his breathing down and found himself alone in the dark.

Barry had never been afraid of the dark. Until now. The dark was all he had and it wasn't going away, in fact it was just a matter of time before it swallowed him whole.

And Barry would be gone forever.

It was just a matter of time.