They had gone to have lunch, and decided to pass some time in a cool spot with beautiful trees and flowers.
“I think I will have to visit Kano one of these days.” He said.
“Why? I hope you are not going away.”

“How could I leave you my love?”
“Then what do you want to do there? I don’t want to go far from me.”
“I have an uncle. They don’t know if I am alive or dead. I need to reconnect with them. There may be need to do that in case I am asked where I come from. Some people have to come to you house.”

“Awwwnn.” She blushed.
“Plus, I want to sell my house. It is not a big house but the land is big. I mean big from a poor man’s perspective. Two plots of land and a small two bedroom bungalow. I may get five out of it because we do not live in a GRA where a plot of land cost about forty million naira.”

“Six million is something.”
He smiled.
“You are being modest. You come from a wealthy home and if it was the guy you were going out with that was going to marry you, that amount would end up in lefe.”

“Shut up. I am no that materialistic. All I want is a decent life full of love, care and peace. I love you and that is what matters.”
“I don’t get it.” he said. “I don’t deserve you. Are you sure this is real?”
“Now you are going back to that self-condemnation of a thing again.”

“I am sorry. I just feel you are something out of a dream: a tantalizer.”
“Leena Idris is live and sitting beside you, Muhammad Manga.”
“God is great.”
“So what is your plan?”

“I want to start an electrical shop. I mean selling of electrical appliances while I also seek for contracts. By contracts , it does not have to big contracts. It could be laying of wires in houses for individuals, fixing of solar panels and inverters. With that, I won’t lack the means of buying bread in the mornings.”

“Yeah and who knows, you may end up not needing a job. If things work out, My father would connect you to contractors or help you with contracts.”
Mufty was lost in reverie. This was what he wanted. A simple decent life with a wife. There was no doubt; Leena was a blessing for him.

She was his dream girl. Nothing compared to Hauwa. Hauwa never had time to plan with him, or advise him. She always impatient and expected him to be ready-made.
“Leena…” He called softly.
“Na’am.”

“I used to think I was strong. I was dauntless and mean. But you made me realise how vulnerable and weak I am. You have the keys and switch to put off…..just leave me and I am off. You are my hope, light, bliss, strength and love. I am scared……”

“You don’t have to be scared. I am here for you. And you don’t know how glad I am to make you feel so. Manga, I think I am more scared of losing you. If I say, it is going to be a smooth ride, I am lying. But I just want you to stand firm, and most importantly , pray about it.”

“Yeah and I always pray….If I am not good for you, May Allah destroy this relationship. Ameen.”
She closed her eyes and pushed back tears. She did not want to part with him. She loved him the way she had never loved any man. This was not by choice. She was not even supposed to fall in love with him.

She felt no woman would understand him like she did. She saw him in his worst, knew his problems and how to treat him.
“Let me get chocolate.” She said. “I will get some for you.”
“I think I will prefer Tom-tom.”
She squeezed her face.

“Are you sick, like you have a cough or….”
“No.” he said and giggled.
“Why should I just start taken Tom-tom when I am not sick?”
“I do enjoy it. The taste is nice.”
“Hmm…me I love sweet things.”

He glanced at her back as she walked away and he quickly took off his eyes. Then he remembered that it was allowed to study the girl you genuinely intend to marry. Then he looked at her again and realised that she more beautiful than he had thought.

Just like Hauwa, she was slim but she had broader hips and more statuesque. Her movement were majestic, with model-like steps that made him swoon.
Why did he feel things were not going to work out? Why was a part of him saying he may not have the dream life? He was not being pessimistic but a chip of reality was pertinent.

She took a bend and went out his view.
That was when Leena saw him standing with his hands in his pocket: He must have been watching them. Adam!

He looked as if he was going to burst. He handsome face was a mask of horror and it was obvious that he making a big effort to control himself.
“You said you were going to see Rabi’at. I guess the game is up, Leena.”
She felt her as if her heart was going to jump out through her mouth.
“A- Adam.”
“Who is that guy?”

*****

GHen ghen

Thank you very much