Chapter 11- Oh Look, a Dragon!

Mom and dad walked inside, leaving Ben and I alone. We exchanged looks and smiled. "Are you ready?" He asked me.

I nodded, drawing confidence from him. "Yeah, I'm ready." We linked arms and walked into the castle slowly to give Fairy God Mother time to finish setting up.

Once in the throne room, I heard soft gasps. Ben and I look good, but obviously I'm the better looking twin.

As we walked, everyone bowed to us. I took this chance to glance around everyone looked amazing, especially Evie. I could obviously pick out Evie, Mal, and the boys. They all had on contrasting outfits from everyone else. To me, Evie stuck out the most. Her beautiful blue dress, the way her hair was done up she looks like a princess. She is a princess, technically but she never really looked like it clothing wise.

When she looked up, we locked eyes for a moment. I took the chance to wink at her. She smiled and I saw a light blush on her cheeks. I could just melt at the sight, but I had to keep cool and professional.

Everything felt it was happening in slow motion. Ben and I sat on our knees on a step under our parents and Fairy God Mother. We took our path and she named us King Ben and Queen Brooke. It felt great, but it didn't last.

Jane grabbed her mother's wand. Luckily, she didn't know how to use it. She was having trouble with trying to keep it still. Ben and I stood up.

Next thing I know, Mal grabbed the wand and the other three from the group stood with her. "Mal, give me the wand." Ben tried to persuade Mal.

"Evie, you don't want to do this." I put my hand out in front of me to show I wasn't gonna do anything.

Mal decided she wanted to be good. Hearing that, I let out a sigh of relief. Then Evie, Jay, and Carlos followed up on it and chose good too. Ben and I joined there circle and put our fists with their's.

Evie POV
We chose good. It wasn't hard to do. If it wasn't for Brooke, I don't think I would have chosen good so easily. Everything is fine. I have my girlfriend and we can all calm down. Or not.....

Maleficent appeared out of thin air. How did she get here? The barrier on the Isle is magic proof. Unless it was damaged or taken away when Jane took the wand. 

"I'm back!" Maleficent tried to butter up Mal to hand over the wand. She begged, whined, and threw a fit like a little child. It would have been funny, but this is Maleficent we're talking about. No matter what she does, she's terrifying when doing it. 

Mal had an idea. I know that look from anywhere. She threw the wand to Fairy God Mother. She tried to cast a spell, but Maleficent was faster. She froze everyone in place. I looked over in horror to see Brooke and Ben in positions to fight back. To protect Mal and I. Maybe if I had done something sooner....

Then, Maleficent changed into a dragon, realizing she's not going to get what she wants. We ran from her since it's not easy to fight a powerful evil fairy who can breathe fire.

I stopped her in her tracks with my mini magic mirror. "Magic mirror, shine a bright light!" A powerful beam of light erupted and I pointed it in her eyes so she couldn't see.

After she crashed, Mal took over and did her special staring contest with her mother. This time, Mal won.

Maleficent shrunk down to a tiny lizard and Fairy God Mother unfrozen. She ran over and explain Maleficent shrunk to the size of how much love she had in her heart.

Fairy God Mother undid Maleficent's spell, causing everyone to unfreeze. Brooke and Ben erupted a battle cry and ran over, still wanting to help. Mal and I stopped them and made sure they knew everything was alright.

"Are you ok? Did she hurt you?" Brooke was worried sick.

"It's ok Brooke, I'm fine. You don't have to worry." I smiled and Brooke sighed, relieved I wasn't harmed. She hugged me tight. I felt completely calmed down and safe in her arms.