Chapter 10- Coronation Day

I woke up feeling excited. I smiled as I got out of bed. It's coronation day! There was a knock on the door. "Princess, are you awake?"

"Yes, I just woke up." I said through the door.

"Get ready, your coronation is in two hours." Did I forget to mention I had to sleep in the castle because my parents wanted me to for Coronation Day?

I hurried up and showered. There's something specific I need to wear. I texted Ben.

Brooke: Ben, text me a pic so I can match your outfit.

Bro Bro: You got it.

Brooke: Thanks, Ben

Brooke: Thanks, Ben.

I put on the blue suit and posed in the mirror. I look good. I wonder if Evie is awake yet. Evie.......

I haven't talked with her since yesterday. I tried to text her, but I didn't get an answer. I wanna give her something to show her I still care. I looked in my jewelry box to look for a necklace. I searched, but stopped on a specific one. I pulled out a beautiful amethyst necklace.

I bought it in a market when my family and I played a visit to Jasmine and Aladdin

I bought it in a market when my family and I played a visit to Jasmine and Aladdin. When I saw it, it was as if the necklace called out to me.

This is the perfect gift to give to Evie. To make sure I didn't lose it, I put it around my neck.

****

Evie and I held hands as we rode in the carriage back to the castle for Coronation. I'm not gonna lie, I love saying Coronation.

"Hey, Brooke. I made you something." I look to Evie and see she had a little box. I opened it and saw a brownie. "It's to have as a snack later."

"Thanks, but I didn't have breakfast, so I'll eat it now."

"Wait-" Evie tried to stop me. I bit into it anyways. "Uh, how is it?"

"It's good, I love brownies." I smile and wipe my mouth off.

"You don't feel any different, do you?" She looks genuinely worried. Oh, I got it now. There must be an anti-love potion in here. Should I tell her I know? Maybe I'll just play a trick on her.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll sit back and let the potion take effect."

"Alright, sounds-" I got her! "Wait a minute!" I broke out into laughter. "You knew this whole time?"

"Evie, I've known ever since I ate that cookie. It washed off in the lake whenever Ben and I jumped in."

Evie's face dropped she looked sad. "So it wasn't real? You just faked everything to make me happy?"

I took Evie's chin and kissed her. "Evie, I didn't fake a thing. When I told you I loved you, that was real. That was me. I promise nothing has changed."

"Ok, I believe you." I took the necklace off, now remembering I had it. "What is that, Brooke?"

"I bought this a few years ago. I saw it while I was getting ready. I wanted to give it to you. It's an amethyst. It's a healing gem. So if you just wear it, nothing will happen. If you're hurt or sore, you just place it there and the amethyst will heal it. When it's energy gets used up, it changes into a white color."

I put it around her neck. "It's beautiful, Brooke. Thank you!"

"Anything for my princess." We pulled up to the castle. I stepped out and helped Evie down. I walked her up the stairs to my parents. Ben and Mal were already talking to them. Two servants came out to take Evie and Mal inside. "It's time, Evie. I'll see you inside, alright?" She nodded her head and walked into the castle with Mal.