Reedstar padded in camp, Cherryheart, and Shrewclaw all carrying rabbits. They set them down on the fresh-kill pile, where rabbits were already starting to pile up since Moonfall, Shadeclaw, Cinderleaf, and Whitefang were back.

I padded to the warriors den and slipped in, laying in the nest in the corner I curled up, my heart pounded about tomorrow's battle.

I closed her eyes, focusing, I could hear a rapid heartbeat somehow and it sounded like Moonfall. And another next to me, a little slower but I knew it was Russettail. It seemed to get farther away and I knew they were going outside of camp. I'd been able to hear these heartbeats since I was born. It was natural now.

Moonfall hasn't won yet! Russettail can still be mine... I thought with anger and then caught sense of a mind racing with thoughts, not able to read them. They got closer until the cat entered the den and laid somewhere in the middle. I opened an eye and realized it was Whitefang.

Shaking my head, I stopped thinking and everything got quiet, feeling the den move a little I knew everyone was coming inside to sleep. And soon all I could hear was the sound of a nearby cricket until I fell into a deep sleep.

***

The clearing was busy with cats: Whitefang and Flowerwhisker gulped down a rabbit while Shrewclaw was talking to Dawnstripe and I could tell she was nervous. I felt my head get a little dizzy and I padded to the fresh-kill pile and gulped down a rabbit quickly.

It didn't taste like anything. My paws went numb and I forced myself to sit down.

"First battle's always rough, huh?" Cinderleaf's voice made me jump to my paws and I swallowed.

Everything seemed to slow down a little. "Y-yeah... I'm terrified. I have to verse DarkClan head on while you guys get to remain scratch-free for a while," I spit out, my heart pounded. I breathed quick little breathes.

Moonfall padded towards me as Cinderleaf was called over to Dawnpool. "I'm sorry about yesterday... With Russettail. He and I are mates now! Aren't you happy?" my sister purred.

I let out a hiss. "I have to worry about a battle you or I might not walk away from!" I also have to worry about a prophecy! I added silently, but wouldn't dare tell my sister. This was the first time I was more important than her.

She looked taken aback by my statement. "You're right..." she muttered. "Sorry." Her eyes shone in hope but her heart said to run.

Letting out a sign, I shook my head. "I'll see you after the battle," I promised, then waved my tail, seeing Reedstar gather the patrol at the entrance and walked towards him.

"Russettail, come at sunhigh and be ready to fight," Reedstar ordered.

Whitefang was beside me and I could hear Moonfall and Flowerwhisker behind me while Shrewclaw was at the front with Reedstar and we raced out of camp, Dawnpool and Mothflower following at the sides.

We raced out of camp as the deputy nodded, yowling a good luck after we raced towards Fourtrees, the trees already visible as we neared the step.

Everyone's heart pounded and deep inside held the terror I knew we all had, but on the outside it was covered in courage. We'd need something bigger if we were to survive.

When we'd reached Fourtrees, Bluestar, Crookedstar, and Pikestar were there with their warriors with them: Brackenfoot, Hollyflower, Poolcloud, Goldentooth, Littlebird, Stonetail, Sagewhisker, Brambleberry, Graypaw, Rippleclaw, Cedarpelt, Lilystem, Voleclaw, Beetlenose, Fallowtail, Tanglewhisker, Smallear, Thrushpelt, Windflight, Dappletail, Patchpelt, Honeystorm, and Tawnyspots were all waiting with the same worry the WindClan cats had.

Warriors: The Prophecy (Book One)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें