Here's To Never Growing Up

Oh whoops look what I found in my INK folder. Maybe I should finish this or something. 

Day 18 - Teasing

"This ain't about no losin' sleep; it's all about the love you keep."

XxX

'. . . and I think it's a load of rubbish personally, but hey, what can you do?'

'Literally anything else,' Zero groused. She shuffled slightly, adjusting her position where she was hanging upside down from her favoured bar, and shot Newton a pointed look. 'And why are you asking me for advice? I'm hopeless.'

'She's got a point,' Trixie added, not looking up from her phone. 'Really, Newton, your standards are slipping.'

'Oh shut up,' Zero grumbled.

Trixie smiled sweetly. 'You prefer it if I'm honest, honey. Pick your battles.'

'You're terrible.'

'Naturally.'

'I give up,' Newton said, shaking his head slightly. 'You both suck at giving advice.'

'We're women,' was Trixie's simple reply. 'It takes us an hour to get to the point, and that's only useful if anyone's still listening.'

'Yeah, well, that's not helping anything. It's like – oh hi Vin.'

'Hey,' Vin replied, hands stuffed in his pockets as he came to stand beside Newton. 'What's up?'

Newton opened his mouth – most likely to launch into a full-on tirade over what he had been talking about – and Zero let out a long-suffering groan, clapping her hands over her ears. 'Nope. Not doing this again. Nope.'

Vin tilted his head at her, the corner of his mouth tugging upward in a lopsided grin. '"No", what?' he asked, taking a slow step forward. 'Someone's got a stick up her ass today.'

'I do not.'

The grin grew bigger, and Zero knew there was no reasoning with him now. He was in one of those, moods - the playful kind that turned him into an absolute little shit – and she definitely wasn't going to come out of this as the winner. She wasn't a moron, damn it.

Despite that however, she still held her hands out in front of her protectively. That didn't work very well considering she was upside down.

'Vin, don't you dare.'

'Don't what?' he asked innocently, taking another step. Then another.

'You know what – argh!'

Despite however the story may have been retold, Zero most certainly did not shriek. She just . . . yelped. In a very high pitched manner.

Vin grabbed her around the midriff and pulled her clean off the bar, happy enough to let her flail in an attempt to regain bearings while he laughed like an idiot, spinning them around. Don't get her wrong, she made a valiant effort to kick him in the head, but that all came to nothing since she really didn't care enough to try. Whatever. He could have his moment.

'Don't what?' he teased, finally coming to a stop.

'You're such a jerk -'

'Oh, then should I do this?' And then, like the little shit he was, he hooked one hand around her torso and another behind her knees, before promptly turfing her over his shoulder.

'VIN!'

'Was that not right?'

'Oh my God -'

Behind them, Newton and Trixie were laughing uproariously like the assholes they were. Zero gave them the finger, but to no avail.

'I have a reputation you shitheads!'

'Please,' Trixie grinned, 'you lost whatever "reputation" you had the second you decided to date that moron.'

Vin made an offended noise. 'Hey, you're just jealous that I'm the one who gets this fantastic ass.' Grinning broadly, he then made a point to smack Zero's butt with his spare hand. Funnily enough, this only heightened her efforts to kick him in the face.

Trixie made a poor effort to hide her laughter behind a cough. 'Excuse me, I have standards.' Newton burst into raucous peals of laughter, clutching his stomach for support, and Vin snorted rather ungracefully.

'Worst lesbian ever,' Zero muttered grumpily. She was still upside down.

'That really doesn't bother me, honey,' Trixie replied, grinning widely.

'Yeah, whatever – put me down!'

'Oh, all right,' Vin said, feigning mock exasperation. He then promptly let go.

Nonetheless, it was easy enough to say that she didn't hit the ground very gracefully. She yelped and managed to bounce off her palms into some semblance of a dive roll, but she still ended up covered in grass, with her hair sticking up in all directions from the static.

'I hate you,' she told him, sticking her hands pointedly on her hips.

He simply grinned like the loon he was. 'Whatever helps you sleep at night, babe.'

'You're really pushing your luck today, aren't you?'

'Maybe.' He gestured to her hands. 'And that makes you look like a scandalised old woman.'

'You did not just say that.'

'I think I just did.' And just like that, the little shit took off at a sprint, like he knew exactly what was coming for him.

'Get back here you jackass!'

Oh, it was on.  

XxX

Title: "Here's To Never Growing Up" - Avril Lavigne

Quote: "Beyond Beautiful" - Aerosmith