You're The Reason Why I Sing This Song

I'm looking after my aunt's cat and I actually think it's stoned or something. I've never seen a cat that doesn't bother to use its own limbs.

XxX

Day 17 – Wearing The Other's Clothes

"Who could blame me, when I just want to make you smile."

XxX

Zero hadn't exactly planned on falling asleep in the library, but when she was stirred into wakefulness by a warm weight settling across her shoulders, she realised that had been the case all the same. Blinking groggily, she lifted her head from her folded arms to see Vin settling into the chair next to her, putting his books on the table. After a moment she realised he had draped his jacket over her shoulders, which was what had woken her.

'It's cold,' he said softly, in answer to her questioning gaze.

'Not really,' she mumbled in response, propping herself up on one elbow. 'It's not too bad in here.'

He shrugged nonchalantly. 'It's the gesture that counts, isn't it?'

She squinted at him in a scrutinising manner, tilting her head slightly. Then it clicked, and she felt her mouth drop open in a little o. 'You just wanted to give me your letterman jacket, didn't you?'

He had the grace to look a little embarrassed, and ducked his head. 'Says who? It's cold.'

'Then you wear it.'

He rested his forearms on the table, leaning forward to meet her gaze levelly. 'Tell me, what kind of douchebag person doesn't give his girlfriend his jacket when it's cold? Besides -' He grinned cheekily, tapping his fingers against the wood. 'It looks good on you.'

She let out a long-suffering sigh and rolled her eyes, but saw no reason to continue arguing. 'Man, you're so traditional.' Regardless, that didn't stop her from pulling the jacket a little tighter around her shoulders. 'Besides, I thought you were the girl in this relationship.'

'And I would agree with you,' he replied easily, 'but I'm not the one who's 5'5".'

'Oh, shut up.'

His mouth curved into something small and fond, and he looked at her for a moment before shifting his chair so that he was right beside her. 'Hey.'

'Haven't we already established that?'

'Not technically. I mean, I could do this properly: Hi honey, how was your day?'

'Call me "honey" again and it's gonna be one hell of a lot worse for you.'

'Naturally.' He pressed his shoulder against hers, just to be extra annoying. She huffed in mild exasperation, and that only made him grin wider.

'Excuse me,' Zero said, looking at him sideways through slightly narrowed eyes, 'but did you want something?'

He nudged her shoulder again and when she finally turned her head to look at him properly, that grin went megawatt. 'I think it's pretty obvious.'

She tried to roll her eyes again, but that was pretty well ruined when the corner of her mouth tugged upward in a smirk. 'Subtlety was never a strength of yours,' she agreed, moving her hand so that it propped up her forehead instead of her chin.

Vin hummed in agreement, taking the opportunity to nose at the corner of her jaw. 'But it still works.'

'You're impossible.' Her effort to ignore him was a valiant one, but she eventually caved, leaning into him slightly.

That made him huff a quiet laugh, and he kissed the corner of her mouth. 'You got it, baby.'

'Vin, I don't do pet names.'

'Sure, sure.' It was obvious he wasn't listening, seemingly more interested in . . . petting.

'You're a cocky little shit, you know that?'

This made him pull away a little, if only to grin at her. 'Always.' Then, if only to prove her point, he leaned forward and kissed her properly. Zero made a little noise of surprise, because in all honesty she still wasn't used to this, even after a few days of Vin stealing kisses left, right, and centre. That wasn't to say that she didn't steal any herself, just she was more outright about it. Nevertheless, she was more than happy enough to get into it properly.

'You know,' she mumbled between kisses, 'I think I'm gonna keep this jacket. It's really freaking warm.'

'Told you,' he replied, hand sliding from hera knee up to her waist. 'I'm never wrong 'bout these things.'

'Sure you aren't.'

'Shut up and kiss me properly, woman.'

She couldn't help laughing at that, accidentally knocking their foreheads together. 'Then what the hell do you call this?'

'G rated.'

'Oh shut up.'

XxX

Chapter Title: "You Got It", New Kids On The Block

Quote: "Classic", MKTO