Bed And Breakfast

Helen entered her chamber and closed the door behind her. She's still dazed with the discourse that happened in Master Study.

She thought through the options at hand, either she's to seduce Marcus off land away from town and she's to bring him back to Mitchell penniless under Master's disposal else she's to join the brothel. No matter if Master did or didn't touch her she'd lose her dignity nevertheless. First option allows her to retain her full dignity and she'll be free once the deal is done.

She couldn't eat her dinner that night, directly went to bed.

She was walking along the street, it was a little late for her preference but she had to do what she had to do, and suddenly she felt as if she's being followed, as she turned her head, she caught the shadows of three men behind her, not far away. She quickened her pace, but around the turn she stumbled into two more men waiting for her around the bend and before anything, three men caught up with her from behind and before she could make herself bring to screaming or prepare herself to make a run for it, the men quickly surrounded her and grabbed and hoisted her off her feet and strangled her all at the same time! She couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, helplessly thrashed with all her body, trying to break free and with her violent struggling efforts she fell on the ground.

Helen woke up being thrashed on the floor off her bed and was sweating and breathing hard as her heart was drumming against her ears... She awaited for the dawn to break and showered and tidied herself for the breakfast.

Mitchell was already at the table, awaiting, when she arrived at the dining hall. He politely gestured her to take a seat as the breakfast was served early that morning. She picked up a toast and nibbled at a corner timidly. She never shared a meal with Master Mitchell before. She took a deep breath and spoke up, "Sir, I did think about your postposition carefully, and I shall do my best to bring Master Marcus back to you as per your wish. But I do have one request, that all the details of the arrangement is to be written down as revised terms and conditions between you and I, against the deed between my late father Maurice and Master Santroini."

"Ah, the revisions will be arranged at the earliest and I will have it before noon and you will sign the new deed?" asked Mitchell elated inside but kept up his usual poker face.

"Yes Sir", was her timid reply.

Master Mitchell stood up on his feet and was about to leave the table, but stopped at his track and cocked his head slightly to his right and looked above Helen's head, and asked, "Um, I don't want to sound intruding, but I heard a thudding noise last night. Is there anything you wish to tell me about?"

Helen blushed deep red and was looking at her hands as she was squishing her napkin on her lap, she bit on her lower lip, deliberating for a moment before she answered in disjoint words, "I fell off the bed... bad dream... sorry...!"

"I'm sorry" all he said kindly and as he was about to walkout of the dining hall, paused, "Do finish your breakfast and I'll have the papers ready for you shortly and will ask for you", and with that he left.