Throw it away

Daryls pov

i smiled when I woke up this morning seeing kayla snuggled into my neck. I felt her slow breaths on my neck and it gave me goosebumps. I loved watching her sleep, it was like there wasn't a care in the world. No worries, no anything. It was a beautiful thing. I smiled at her and saw the picture she took of us last night still in her hand. I gently slid it out of her grasp and looked at it. It made me smile more actually being able to see both of us happy for once. I would do anything to keep that smile on her face. I set the picture back in her hand and reached over to grab the polaroid. I aimed it at her and snapped the picture thinking I was being sneaky, but when it printed it out she woke up.

"what are ya doing?" She asked sleepily.

"nothin" I smirked.

her eyes were fully opened now and she saw the camera in my hands,"did you just take a picture of me?"

I grunted,"don't worry about it"

she rolled her eyes and snapped the picture out of my hands and looked at it,"o wow I look terrible" she chuckled.

i snatched it back,"no ya don't."

"throw it away daryl" she laughed.

"nah I'm gonna keep it" I smirked and kissed her head.

"come on! It's a terrible picture" she whined.

"impossible, ya ain't capable of takin a bad one" I smirked and got out of the bed.

"where ya goin?" She asked.

"Where ya think?" I asked.

She looked confused,

"Glenn and I are goin through the tombs to get some more medical supplies, be back in a few hours" I whispered.

"alright, be careful" she smiled sitting up in the bed.

i slid on my shirt and a new pair of pants, putting my crossbow on my back. I slid the picture of her into one of my pockets and kissed her,"I'll be back before ya can miss me"

"so in like 5 seconds?" She chuckled.

i rolled my eyes,"shut up"

"hey don't hesitate to accidentally lose that picture down there" she smirked.

"hell nah, I'm keepin this baby at all times." I smiled.

i heard her groan and I chuckled shaking my head, walking out of the cell. China man was already waitin for me by the door and we entered the tombs.

kaylas pov

i stretched my arms over my head as daryl left. Why does he love that damn picture so much? I swear I'll get rid of it somehow. I chuckled, got dressed and checked on the twins. They were both still asleep so I walked downstairs and out to the courtyard. The morning breeze blew through my hair and it sent chills down my spine. I looked down by the gates and saw a lot of walkers clawing at the gate. It was like they were multiplying. We would have to do something about that soon. I looked around the court yard and saw Rick down by the garden. I sighed and walked over to him,

"hey"

he stopped what he was doing and looked up at me,"hey"

he wiped his hands off with a cloth in his back pocket and walked next to me. He had a look of distraught on his face.

"you alright?" I asked.

he sighed,"you think I'm makin the right decision?"

"bout what?" I asked.

"not goin to fort mason" he sighed.

"why? You doubting yourself?" I asked.

he looked out towards the gate,"carol seems to think its a good place"

"she come talk to you?" I asked.

"ya she thinks I'm being selfish. Not making the right decision for the group" he sighed.

"dad listen to me. You are anything but selfish. We wouldn't have made it this far without you. If she wants to go so bad let her go, but one thing is for sure daryl and I will always stand by you. And I'm pretty sure the others will too." I said sternly.

He turned and looked back to me,"thanks"

i smiled and nodded as the moans of the undead got louder. We both looked out to the fences.

"We're gonna have to do something about that. The gate ain't gonna hold" I whispered.

"it's like they keep comin" he whispered.

"they're multiplying everyday" I sighed.

"we'll start takin em out tomorrow." He said and placed an arm on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. A few hours later daryl and Glenn got back and came into the cafeteria area. I was sitting with the twins. Daryl came up behind me and kissed the top of my head, he ruffled Connors hair, and picked elaina up sitting next to me with her on his lap.

"you find anything?" I asked.

"few more bandages, other than that no" he sighed.

i nodded and saw Glenn walk outside to go on watch with Maggie.

"Ya lose that picture yet?" I asked.

"nope" he smirked pulling it out of his pocket.

"dammit dixon, I promise ya you're gonna wake up one day and it'll be mysteriously gone" I sighed.

"not if it's in my pocket at all times" he said.

i leaned in and whispered in his ear,"wouldn't be the first time I had to get in your pants to get something I wanted"

i pulled away and he was blushing bright red causing me to laugh. He rolled his eyes,"shut up"

It was all calm and everything seemed as normal as it could be until Maggie ran inside. Daryl and I froze when she screamed,

"A herd tore the gates down! Walkers are everywhere!"