4

CHAPTER FOUR

MACKENZIE walked towards Brynn's front door, slowly, fidgeting her fingers before knocking on the door lightly. She waits for about a minutw before the door finally opens.

This time, Maisy answers the door, and lead Mackenzie into the house silently. They headed towards the living room and sit, still seeing no sight of Brynn or Johnny. "Um, I'm gonna go use the bathroom." Mackenzie mumbled, getting up awkwardly.

"No! Um.. the toilet.. doesn't work?" Maisy stands up and runs towards Mackenzie, but it's too late.

Mackenzie almost dropped her bag at the sight. Through the halfway closed door, she saw Johnny and Brynn, sitting on Brynn's bed, making out. She turns away, facing a frowning Maisy. "I'm gonna... go. It's late anyways, I'm quite tired."

"No! Don't go.. please?"

"Bye Mais, love you." Mackenzie's already out the door before Maisy could get another chance to protest. As soon as the door closes, Mackenzie's eyes swell up with tears and she angrily slams her car door whilst simultaneously turning the car on. She wanted to be home as soon as possible, which made her speed at least 20 miles over the speed limit.

yolo tho.

••

She ran up the stairs, turned the corner, and slammed her bedroom door. With the same energy, she throws herself onto her bed and lets it all out like the dramatic hoe she is.

Her phone starts buzzing, and once she looked at it she realized that they were texting her, asking all kinds of stupid questions.

••

JOHNNY
where are you mack??
read 9:28 pm

BRYNNY BOO
yea, i thought u said u were
coming :((
read 9:29 pm

JOHNNY
did we do something??
read 9:32 pm

BRYNNY BOO
i can see ur reading this kenz..
read 9:33 pm

••

Ignoring her phone, she turns on Netflix and lays there whilst silently crying. Suddenly, she shot up out of bed and ran to her bathroom. She grabs a small plastic bag that she had been hiding in her medicine cabinet, pulling out the contents.

Xanax.

"I knew buying these from Hayden would come in handy sometime." She mumbles to herself, downing two of the small pills and walked back to her room. Her satin sheets rubbed against her legs as she starts to feel them kicking in, making her smile as she thinks about the thought of not being able to remember this night the next day.

••