A New Years Dream | Daniel Seavey

Start from the beginning

Where's the stupid bathroom.

I knew I wasn't going to have fun. This always happens. Kenzie leaves with Caleb, leaving me with his friend or me alone.

Sigh.

Okay all this thinking is making me actually have to pee.

I walked around searching for a bathroom.

Geez this house is so big.

"You looking for the bathroom?" Someone asked from behind.

I turned around and saw a guy with curly dark brown hair.

"Yes." I laughed. "How did ya know?"

"Well, you kinda looked like a lost puppy." He then laughed. "It's this way." He then said leading me over to where the bathrooms are.

"Thank you so much. If it weren't for you, I'd be searching for another 3 hours." I laughed.

"Yeah no problem. If you ever need to find something in this house, just come find me. My name's Jack." He smiled and then walked away.

Yes, I'll come find you in this giant house with a ton of people.

I went pee and then searched for where the food is.

When in doubt, food is always the answer. Food will always be my #1 friend.

I finally found a section where there was a little bar.

It was empty so that's perfect, just me and food. Sounds like the best date ever if you ask me.

I took a seat on the barstool and waited for a server to come over.

"What can I get you sweetheart?" The server asked with a sweet and cheery voice.

"Do you by any chance have sparkling apple cider?" I asked.

We are not getting drunk in this huge house that's practically a maze with a bunch of people I don't know, so sparkling cider is gonna be for the best. Even though champagne sounds super good right now....

"We sure do. I'll get that for you." She winked and then walked away.

I pulled my phone out and went onto Instagram. I went through my feed and it's just everyones new years pictures where they look like they're having a blast.

Nope.

I then went to snapchat and everyones snap stories were about new years and the party they're at and blah blah blah...

A door shut loudly nearby. When I looked up, I saw the most beautiful man walk out of the kitchen with a vine of grapes in his hand.

Holy smokes.

He then made eye contact with me, catching me staring at him.

Sksksjjdjdjd.

I looked away immediately.

From the corner of my eye, I could see him walking my way.