Chapter 14: Lukas

Start from the beginning

"Huh? What?" Axel's deep echo like voice resonates through the room. He sits up, looking around and looking quite confused. "Something happening?"

"Lukas is telling us what's going to happen to us, pay attention." I should also smile at Petra's brutal words, the nice familiarity in it, but I can't. Everything hurts to much and everything seems too dreary to leave any room for happiness.

"Be prepared for the devil man, he was there." Memories flash through my mind, the pain throughout my body steadily rising.

"I was awake for only two tests, so I don't know the first ones. Fainted from dehydration. Not enough to keep me out forever though."

The arm they tested on radiates that crushing pain again, the bones throbbing miserably. "They were crushing my arm for the second, I think they wanted to know how much force was needed to break it."

My lungs clench, before I know it I'm panting. As if I didn't have enough air. "I couldn't breathe after that, some iron block over my head or something. I nearly passed out again before they lifted it."

Black dots swarm my vision, and it feels as if someone is pouring cool water in my brain. My eyelids flutter open and shut, thoughts dragging through mud as my heart continues to pound frantically. Memories overwhelming.

"It hurt..." My tongue is a puffer fish right now, it feels prickly and puffed up and it is so hard to move in my dry mouth. My throat so raspy too, everything so sore and just tired. Why am I awake again?

"Okay, lets drag him to the water." I try to see again at Petra's words, but only the endless black everywhere. Even her words were so far away, and I can't do a thing when they lift me up. I can however hiss and groan to my heart's content. My very sore and anguished heart.

In the few agonizing seconds it took for them to bring my body over to the water tank, my stomach clenches. Nausea and pain flooding my brain, delirious and drowsy in pain. I probably shouldn't drink this.

Someone practically shoves my mouth into the straw thingy. With a twinge of doubt, I start drinking. And relief flashes through the pain and suspicions. The water reviving my mouth, every drop absorbed by my mouth before it could even get to my throat.

I take another gulp, the nausea I still have strong enough for me to be cautious. Half the water makes it to my throat this time, and those spare pieces of steak are even washed back into my stomach. Maybe that's with the sudden dizziness, I suppose my body needs water to digest stuff.

Another gulp, and it mostly get downs my throat. I never thought I could actually feel that area though, I've never experienced any sensations go through there. But man, the relief that blasts into my mind is even greater than the food.

With the next two gulps, I'm growing impatient, the glorious liquid floods into my stomach. Despite the meat in there now, the water bounces into my stomach before it gets completely absorbed.

Drinking a bit more eagerly, I stop taking gulps once I feel the water slouch into my stomach. Smiling at the pleasure emitting where nausea once was. I feel so drowsy now, maybe I should go back asleep. My friends wouldn't mind, they'll understand and I'll tell them when I wake up.

...If they're still here.

I jolt back from the straw, my legs scurrying to support me and tail furiously thrashing to keep me balanced. I hear the gasps from my friends, but my legs are the only part of me that isn't in pain. I can use them to carry me over to a bed. Even if my back burns from being stretched and my organs throb at the sudden movements.

Sitting down with a flop, I clear my throat. I'm just going to plow through anything and say it and then sleep. Or maybe I should try to enjoy more time with them? When I awake up I may be seeing their beaten bodies on the floor.