Chapter 11: Jesse

My eyes snap open and I growl bursts from my throat. The growl, more of an angry wail, echoes in my cell. Another blasted cell! Another cage that I'll rip apart with my bare hands for these arrogant fools thinking they can trap me here.

Cries of anguish suddenly rise within me, and I collapse back onto the ground I just stood from. Tremors shake my body as the horrific image of me tearing into those men float into my eyes. Moaning, I clutch my stomach, the stomach that has digested that man's organs.

Bubbles of rage boil inside of me, trying to get me to move and destroy the wall, but I push down every single one of them. Pushing the rage down into me, where my heart now pounds against my chest wanting to get out. Pounding to burst free and murder more men.

I wail again, thrashing on the floor as I force those feelings back down. Refusing to let them take over me again. I can't murder anymore people like that, I can't. I'm not letting whatever this is do that to me.

A wave of adrenaline flows into me, my muscles shaking in response to the flood of primal rage and my fear. I can't do anything about it though, it's taking everything I've got to keep this thing down inside me.

It's hard though, this thing is so strong. Screeching and screaming, ramming into me with everything it has to gain control. So it can go wild and be free from me and from this cage.

But I can't let that happen, whatever it takes I just can't. Groaning again as this thing launches another series of attacks on me, exhaustion raising up inside of me as I try to keep my barriers up.

Such strong hate though, such a bitter grudge against every living thing. Although it's hard to deny the rage felt towards that one vile man, perhaps he should be killed. It'd be his own fault, he was the one who did this to me in the first place.

Wailing and thrashing again, I push down the thoughts. No! I have to resist them! All this anger, all this hate, all of it has to be pushed away! I'm not like that! I can't be thinking these things or wanting these things! That's just... wrong.

I strain myself to focus on something else, maybe a distraction to calm my mind. But I can only hear my roaring heartbeat and pants, urging me to get up and hunt down these monsters lurking outside this cage. I can only see my muscles shaking with energy that can tear the walls down and let me out.

Whimpering as waves upon waves crash against me, whittling away my strength to keep down this monster. My eyes flicker up, and I finally see something to distract me.

Dispensers. Dispensers all across the ceiling, not one block another material. And they're so high up, maybe ten blocks above me? What is that infernal prey up to so they can try to keep me in here and not rip out their throats?

Shaking my head vigorously, I forget about the dispensers as I fight for total control over again. This thing, this monster in me will not have any say around here! I'm Jesse and I get to make the calls about what I feel and what I think! Not the twisted thing these people shoved inside me!

The monster screeches in fury, my muscles jerking out every which way as it tries to shove me out of control. My body discarded and left to thrash about as two completely separate thoughts and feelings battle for control.

And it's getting so hard to shove out this monster, to resist the temptation to falling into its anger. Everything just rattling around in my head. Heart clutching fear and roaring rage. Massive confusion and bitter clarity. Sobbing exhaustion and primal energy.

It feels as if I'm being ripped into two. An agonizing headache rearing up as my brain tries to support to completely different thoughts, one hallering to be let out while the other cries to push it down. Millions of different feelings battling against each other as a vicious storm in my head.