eight

"Can we, uh, come in?" Luke asked after a few moments of silence between them.

No words came from Isla's mouth. Instead, she moved to the side to allow the two boys to walk inside.

They walked over to the couches and sat down.

"Hey," her voice cracked as she spoke. She didn't know what to think - her mind was jumbled.

"Hey," both Luke and Ashton said in unison with low voices.

"Ashton," Isla nodded at Ash as if she was greeting him.

The silence in the room was loud enough to scream a thousand words, but no one could put those words into a coherent sentence.

"We can make omlettes," Isla spoke up, not enjoying the silence. The only sounds that could be heard were the quiet noise of the turned-down tv and each other's breathing.

"I like omelettes," Ashton stated. "Luke?" He looked over at Luke suggestively and raised his eyebrows briefly. Luke knew that Ashton didn't want this to be awkward, but Luke got too caught up in watching a funny scene in the Victorious episode that was playing on the tv.

"Oh yeah, yeah, omelettes."

-

After an inevitably awkward omelette making session, they were now sitting at the island in the middle of Isla's kitchen eating them.

"Island could be your full first name," Ash spoke up, breaking yet another awkward silence.

"Huh?" Isla asked, not understanding what he meant.

"I mean, your name is Isla but it could really be Island becau-"

"Shut up, Ash," Luke snapped as he elbowed him. He didn't want Ashton embarrassing himself, especially in a situation like this.

"So," Isla started. "He's your Ash friend."

"Yeah," Luke mumbled through a mouth full of omelette.

"Did you know that he was the Ashton that had gave me my car keys back?"

Luke and Ashton exchanged a few quick glances before Isla dropped her knife and fork onto her plate.

"You knew! Luke, you knew that it was him but you didn't say anything?" Isla felt so humiliated and she just felt like she wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. Isla had been telling Luke about Ashton this whole time while they were probably sniggering about everything that she was saying behind her back.

"Isla, I can explain," Luke started, but Isla wouldn't let him finish.

"No, Luke. That's not even funny. I thought that we didn't keep secrets from one another? I could trust you with my life and you go behind my back like that? Please, once you finish your omelettes just leave."

Isla stood up from her stool and stormed out of the kitchen and into her bedroom. She made sure to slam her door shut to prove the point that she was indeed angry with Luke.

And sure enough, both boys left after finishing their omlettes.

-

sorry for the late update omg

but yeah if you liked this chapter please vote for it and comment and maybe share it with your friends if you like :--)

love you guys like macaroni pies yay