Chapter One - The Reaping

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey! My name is Kim, just incase you didn't know :-). I'm twelve years old, and I'm obsessed, OBSESSED with the Hunger Games! Here are five facts about me:

1. If I was in the Hunger Games I'd LOVE to be in District two

2. I ship CLATO ❤

3. Clove is my fave character from the 74th Hunger Games (I'm guessing you didn't notice? ;))

4. I love chocolate 🍫(Doesn't everyone?!)

5. I'm reading Catching Fire (because I haven't seen the movie •_•) #LONER

P.S This isn't how the movie or the book from the 74th Hunger Games went, this is my version of the 74th Hunger Games, different ending, introduction ect. So if you don't like my story, kindly leave without leaving any negative comments. All characters rights go to Suzanne Collins, the creator and author of the Hunger Games :-)

---------------------------------------

Clove POV:

It's today, the reaping. I'm a little nervous, I've been practising my knife throwing all morning and haven't missed a single target. I bet I'll get chosen. I've been training all my life to be a career, as they say the careers' generally do win, so there is nothing for me to worry about really.

***Six Years Back***

I was just reading my book in my bedroom, when I heard a knock at the door. I didn't answer it because my parents always told me that I shouldn't talk or answer the door to strangers. Mother opened the door. "Hello," said the stranger. It was a lady's voice. I went behind the wall to have a little peak at what was happening. A lady was talking to my parents; she had tanned skin and wore gray clothes and something over her head (A bit like a nun), she was much older than my parents, I'd say she'd be around her mid 50s. "Now...", said the lady," This may be a bit...well, you know...sad. But Clove has to go into the 74th Hunger Games...She has chosen to be trained...". I gasped, tears ran down my face. I'd NEVER be able to see my parents again, I don't want to be alone and even worse I could die. "No, no, no. This can't be right, Clove isn't meant to be in the 'Hunger Games' she's only nine!" Exclaimed my father. "We train them professionally and she will be well taken care of, you can say goodbye to her and we enter them..if they volunteer to go into the hunger games when they are at the right skill level and know what they're doing", reassured the lady.

Later On That Day:

"Clove, I'm guessing you heard what the lady said, you're going into the Hunger Games..and you're leaving to go to the training studio next Monday" said her mum, in a soothing voice. I stamped my foot hard on the floor. "NO! I shouted. "Clove, I'm sure you'll make friends". "No! More like enemies!" I shouted back.

Tuesday Evening:

I backed some photos and my clothes into my suitcase. I had a shower, brushed my teeth and went to bed. Mother came and kissed me on my forehead and said "Goodnight" and so did Father.

Monday Morning:

I woke up, ate breakfast and had a shower. I put on my favourite dress, a lace dress with frills and I brushed my hair and tied in a white bow. "Lovely, you look beautiful," said my father. "Thankyou, father," I replied. "Come on, we need to take you to the train station now," said Mother.

At the training studio:

"Hello, Clove. I forgot to introduce myself...I'm Paula, your trainer for level 1" Paula shook my hand. She had pretty blue eyes, chocolate brown hair and a sparkling white smile. "Right, we need to test you on your English skills and Maths skills... To see how clever you are and then we will work on your physical skills. Everyday you will train on the weapon you choose. There will be challenges ahead too, to test you on your skills," said Paula. "Here's your schedule," Paula handed me my schedule. "Thanks," I said.

*** Two Days Later***

"Alright Clove, you have to decide on your weapon. Which one?" Asked Paula. There were a large variety of weapons: Axes, Bows & Arrows, Machetes, A rock...A rock?! pfft.... And there were also a large variety of knifes. "Umm...I'm not sure. I'll try the knife's" I replied.

***Back to Present Time***

"Welcome, Welcome! To the 74th Hunger Games! And may the odds be forever in your favour." Said Effie Trinket. "As usual, lady's first...," said Effie as she went over to the bowl and took out a piece of paper. I know I'll get chosen, if I don't I'll volunteer, that's the reason why I've been training all my life. "Kendall Kentwell," called out Effie. That's my cousin!!! No! I can't let her die! My favourite cousin! She's has never trained! EVER! I pushed myself out of the crowd. "I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" I shouted. I ran up on the stage. "We have a volunteer...What's your name?" Questioned Effie. "Clove. Clove Kentwell." I answered, politely. "That was my sister?" "No,no. My cousin," I smiled. "Now on to the boys..." Said Effie. "Cato Hadley!" She said. A boy with blonde hair and green eyes came onto the stage. We shook hands. "Hey," he said. "Hey," I replied and smiled. "Our tributes for Discrict Two!" Shouted Effie.

When we got to the place we were staying the people did my hair and makeup. I was dressed in gold and had a gold headdress, Cato was dressed in gold too. But he obviously didn't have his makeup done!

***When they were about to do the parade***