(10) Taylor Murphy

HNO (10)

Everyone comes back into the room soon after and the girls have a smirk on their faces. They did something. Alex walks in with a busted lip and ice pack on his arm. Awe. My friends really take good care of the people that hurt me. I wonder what they will do to Jake? No, I want to be the one who makes him hurt, not them. Ok, so I won't tell my best friends the biggest secret of my whole status of life. That's going to be hard.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Jake ask sitting on the end of the bed next to me.

"Good. Better than Alex," I state like nothing is bothering me.

"Perfect," he says smiling. I force a smile back. "Well, we want you to rest for the rest of the day, so no getting up or leaving the room."

Any other time, I would object, but I have a plan to get back at Jake and literally make his heart hurt. I frown, but nod my head not to make them wonder why I am okay with staying locked up in the room. They all leave and I tiptoe over to my closet and grab all of the scarfs out my bag. I had already planned to use these for pranks or to escape the house, well now is the time.

I sit down and tie all the scarves together leaving two out to tie around me and the rope to use as a safety belt. Slowly, I walk over towards my balcony and tie the scarfs towards the top. There is about a couple feet distance between the the end and the ground, but I will most likely reach the bottom with only a small jump. I walk back inside and change into a blue two piece swimsuit that shows off all of my stomach and ties around my neck. I also slip on a pair of high waisted jean shorts to go along with it. I slide my phone in my pocket then climb down the scarfs sliding my feet in and out of the holes in the loops of the scarves.

I jump off and land on the ground with an thud. I take off running towards the beach which is in a way the backyard. When I get to the water I stand there with my toes in the water.

Jake. What a jerk he is. I guess I should let him explain, but what does he need to say? "Sorry, your just an old friend of mine and I didn't want to hurt you." I would be friend zoned. That totally blows. I mean, honestly-

My thoughts were interrupted when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I look up and see Taylor Murphy.

"You're Melody Paige, right?" He ask in his sexy voice.

Here is the thing, I have a huge crush on Taylor Murphy. Ever since he was in my favorite movie, I have adored him forever. He sings, acts, models, and he is pretty hot and toned. Oh, and he is sworn enemies with the Howard brothers, Jake, and Ashton. Why? Well, it all started a long time ago when they were all friends. Then, apparently, something's were said, and some punches were thrown at a party and to this day, they are sworn enemies. That is one reason why I actually liked him even more.

I nod my head, because I have actually become Star Struck. He let out a deep chuckle, and I almost melt right there. "Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?"

I laugh. "You mean Jake?"

"Yeah. Isn't he your boyfriend?"

"I don't even know if the word 'friend' should be placed at the end of boy."

"Why? What happened?"

"To sum things up, he led me on and asked me to be his girlfriend while he was dating another girl."

"Sophia Gardener."

"What?"

He sighed. "That's who he is dating. Sophia Gardener."

"Great. Now I know who I am up against. Now, I know I don't stand a chance."

"Don't say that," he says lifting my chin and cuping my cheeks so I met his eyes. "Any guy would be lucky to have you. Jake is a douche and blew his chance with you."

"You just met me, why do you already like me?"

"Who said I like you?"

"Why else would you say anyone would be lucky to have me? I am nothing special to anyone. Why you?"

"You are more than special. You are amazing, kind, and you have enough patience to put up with Jake. Ever since Jake got here and kept talking about you, I instantly started to like you. He never stopped talking about you until Sophia stepped into the picture. Then it was all about her, and slowly, he stopped even thinking about you. Everyone would ask about you and he would just shrug his shoulders and change the topic. There is a reason why he is such a good actor. He tricked you and everyone else into thinking you meant the world to him." He bent down and lightly kissed my lips. We pulled apart with a smile. "At one point he did, but not anymore. He had his chance, and now I want a turn."