Chapter 54 - Purple Veins

Start from the beginning

 I'll be okay up there, or wherever 'there' is. I want you to be okay too. You will be, one day. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. This really is goodbye, once and for all. No more cheating death. But it's okay, I'm ready.

 I will never stop loving you.

 Goodbye, Stiles.

                                                     Love,
                                          Forever and Always,
                                                                     Emma

 My name was kind of squiggly from how badly my hand was shaking. A few tears had landed on the paper, causing it to shrivel up in small circles. I felt like I was going to throw up. This was really it. This was goodbye. This was the last piece of me Stiles would have, and that makes me sad.

 I replayed all of the memories we'd made together as I dabbed at the wet spots with a section of my dress. There were thousands of memories, too many to count but not too many to remember. Now they were just a thousand moments I had taken for granted -- mostly because I assumed that there would be a thousand more.

 It was all going to end here. The magical wedding I had dreamed up for us would be nothing more than that now, a dream. We wouldn't get to go to prom together, or toss our caps in the air at graduation. I won't get to raise a family or get a job as a nurse the way I've always wanted. No, I won't get to do any of those things. But Allison will, and that's enough for me.

 Mom always told me that this world was about balance. I took a life, and now it's time for me to save one. Balance.

 This is it. No more fighting, no more narrowly escaping death. No more kissing Stiles until we both fall asleep in his bed. My life isn't a fairytale. For me, there's no such thing as happily ever after.

          ~THIRD PERSON POV~

 By the time Emma arrived at the hospital, Stiles had already read her letter. A kind of panic he's never felt before rushed through his veins and made him feel slightly on the verge of combustion. He'd pushed the limits of just how fast his old jeep could take him before, but this was testing the waters on an entirely new level.

 Emma walked through the halls of the hospital with her head down, not knowing that her boyfriend -- ex boyfriend, she doesn't really know for sure -- was speeding down the roads of Beacon Hills to try and stop her. She had made up her mind. This was the only choice she had left, the only one that seemed right anyways.

 It wasn't long until she reached the Morgue, and after glancing around to make sure she was alone, she slipped inside. An eerie feeling overwhelmed her as she walked into the cold and dark room. The last time she had been in here it had been to be shown Heather's body, a loss she still had yet to properly mourn. Maybe she'll get a chance to see her again when this is all over.

 Allison's name was printed on a label and stamped onto one of the last drawers in the row. It made Emma sick to her stomach to read it. It reminded her that it was real. That Allison really is dead, well, at least for now. Emma still has time.

 With a deep breath, Emma pulled out the drawer that held Allison's body. The world seemed to stop for a moment as Emma looked at her again, pulling the thin white sheet away from her face. Allison's skin was pale, even more so than usual. Her eyes were closed and if you didn't know any better you may actually think she was sleeping.