It is tricky magic, but I know that if I can find a way to do so, I can make it a death sentence for her to send me back to the afterlife. If I can harness a bit of magic and made that part of her soul which is attached to mine, able to stay if she sends me back, she would go back with me. It is a way for me to ensure I can play this witch too, for even if I have been dead for two years, I still wish to continue living. 

"Everything okay?" He asks, pulling me away from my thoughts as I see Zion standing in the doorway, eyes lightening up as I look back to him. Rather than reply, I just nod, feeling a tug within my body as Zion walks towards me. "Something tells me you have questions to ask." 

"Why?" 

"Anytime you speak with Fiona, you have an array of questions," Zion replies, "I do not mind, if they help you figure out who you are and what your past was like, I am here to aid you." 

He is weak, just like Fiona has said. My death has made him weak, no longer holding the world in the palm of his hands as I ask myself how willing he is to let me remember everything. We have not spoken since last night, when he kissed and I had felt a faint spark. I had left him last night after that kiss, walking away to my room as I could not sleep, but only think. 

"Who was Lillian?"

That spark once in his eyes has gone away, nothing but a distant memory as Zion shakes his head. "Who was Lillian, Zion?" I ask, my voice strong as I back away from the male, finding the atmosphere tense as he holds a piece of information from me once more. "Who was she?"

"She is dead," Zion snaps, voice deep as the walls seem to shake. With my head held high, I wonder if my wolf was within me still, if I would be able to bare my canines and send this male backing down. "The dead hold no control over my life."

"I did, and seeing from your reaction, she still does." 

"Lillian is a story for another time, for when you remember who you are."

"And we both know I am never fully remember who I was. Hell, I cannot even recall that we were to have a child, and you kept that from me. You kept from me the fact that it was not only just me who died that day, but our child."

"Many others died that day, I do not say every single name because it is not important." 

"Our child was not important?" I question, a sting in my chest as I find it hard to breath, as if a strong force pressing against my lungs. Zion shakes his head, instantly regretting what came from his mouth as I walk right past him. I find it hard to hold my head high as I pass the man who I supposedly loved so much I would walk through hell to get to. "I no longer require your company, nor your efforts to allow me to remember who I was." 

I leave, feeling lost as I walk down the stairs, not knowing where to start as I know I must now seek out my own answers to the questions I ask over and over again. Fiona had told me hours ago that her phone was to always be open to my use, to try and figure out who I was and get her curse lifted. Fiona makes herself seem like a pawn in the overall game being played out, as if she is a mere threat that should not send me running in the opposite direction. As I enter the common area, Fiona's phone is left for me to take, easily opening it up to find the internet before me. 

Lillian Rice, Royal Guard  Colonel , 1991-2013. She died three years before my life took a sharp turn in the opposite direction. I scroll down the page of results, clicking on an image of the blond who makes it clear why Zion would have gone after her. A beautiful blond, beautiful golden locks falling right below her shoulders, bright blue eyes, oval face, and a complexion anyone would be jealous of. She was young when she died, murdered, the case closed and no murderer named as no one knew who. Flipping to an older article from some teen magazine, I see a picture of a younger Zion, not as built, a buzz cut, and his suit loose on his body. She smiles at him, hand in his, and wearing a blue and black military uniform. Even with the picture at a low-quality, it is hard to miss the way that they look at one another. 

One thing which surprises me is the article which follows. A diamond ring, sapphires on either side, placed on a golden band, and upon the slender finger of Lillian Rice herself, smiling as Zion is down on one knee. However, the article does not speak of the romance and the typical congratulations an engaged couple would receive, but words about her affair with an alpha. Lillian was cheating on Zion with an alpha, causing Zion to call off the engagement and create an off-on relationship for another two years before her body was found in the mansion of the same alpha she was cheating on Zion with. The following article in my web search is more recent, my name pastured across the title as it discusses Zion used me to gain the aid of rogues in a war. 

"That bastard," I mutter, finding more and more of the countless times Zion got back with Lillian after she had done him wrong. He loved her, in the palm of her hand, and I find myself asking if I had known all of these things before we met or even tied the knot. I assume I knew, for at the time he was with Lillian, I would have been a teen, keeping up with the tabloids as I wondered why he stayed with a woman so horrible to him. Only one word can describe why and makes me feel sick. 

She was his mate, his one true love and I was just the second-pick. I could have just been a political tool too, a rogue during a time of war when Zion needed rogues to help his cause. 

"The newspapers never even got half of my life right," his voice echoes around the room as I tense up. "I know you do not care to hear what I have to say right now, Sybil, but you need to know the tabloids want to paint people the colors that they want, not someones true colors. They produce what sells and you know this." 

"Hard to believe you when half the things you say are lies. Lies only harm, they do not protect."

Placing the phone down, those lavender eyes flash through my mind as I keep thinking back to those eyes, to that name which circles in my head. Keva. Who was she?

"I do not disagree," Zion speaks up. "I know what I said minutes ago were foolish to say, but the truth can do more harm than good. Lillian was not the good in my life, the tabloids wanted to paint us as picture perfect because she was a royal guard, the two of us breaking rules to have a relationship and the public loved that." 

"And they hated the idea of a rogue as their queen?" I ask, looking over my shoulder to see the former King of a powerful empire helpless. "Tell me the truth, no longer avoiding the problem. Tell me the truth now, or I may never believe another word coming from your lips." Zion runs a hand through his hair, stressed as he thinks of where to start. "Start from when you met Lillian." 

"She was a woman with a passion, with nothing to lose, nothing holding her down." 

"So what happened?" 

Zion looks up from the floor, eyes locked with mine. "The same thing that happened to you: she met me."