prologue

Updated!!

Esther laid upon on a straw bed, sweat covering her forehead as she panted, "Why is it so long?" She asked and the witch friend of hers smiled at her.

"You are giving birth to two, Esther, you should be proud" She told Esther as Esther looked at her with a joy filled expression before she cried out in pain. The babies were almost here.

"They're coming! We must hurry, get the blankets" the witch instructed a couple other housewives and rushed over to Esther.

AFTER GIVING BIRTH

Esther had given birth to two healthy babies. A boy and a girl. She  named them Kol and Aurora Mikaelson.

"They will grow stronger together, and they will be one" Esther said and smiled at her two sleeping children.

"what are they?" Niklaus asked.

"They are twins" Esther answered her son, while Mikael looked down at the two sleeping children.

"Let's hope they will not cause trouble like you boy!" He snapped at Niklaus and walked out, leaving Elijah, Finn and Niklaus with their mother.

"Why do you name the girl Aurora, mother?" Elijah asked softly as he held the little girl.

"Because she is a beauty that will awe all men that comes to meet her eyes, she is special and Kol is as well, as he is her protector, and so are all of you, my sons, even if you do not believe, you will grow to love her, and you will grow to protect her, but none will be more protective than Kol, her own twin brother, such bond as theirs cannot be broken" Esther said "They are each other's rock".

20 years later

Aurora sat in a grassy meadow with her eyes closed feeling the warmth of the sun on her face when her heard a faint voice calling for her,  "Rora, what are you doing here alone?" She heard her little sister, Rebekah ask.

"Sit with me, Rebekah, and keep quiet" Aurora said and smiled as Rebekah sat next to her older sister.

"Close you eyes, and feel the warmth of the sun on your face, and listen to the nature and the wind. If you listen closely, it will speak to you, it is quite beautiful if I do not say so myself" Aurora said giggling.

Rebekah had done what her sister said and listened. She had felt with the words Aurora had spoken and Rebekah could have sworn she heard whispers in the wind.

"Aurora! Rebekah!" Yelling was heard in the trees of the woods.

Klaus, Elijah and Kol were looking for their sisters.

They came upon the meadow the girl were sitting and saw them sitting there looking peaceful. They walked up to them and they could see Aurora glowing with beauty "Dear brothers, you have come to us calling us? What is it you need?" Aurora spoke.

"We have been searching for you two for hours" Niklaus said and Aurora stood up brushing her dress off.

"I am sorry to startle you dear brother, but I was just enjoying nature" she said and looked at Kol, smiling.

"Twin brother, do walk with me back to the village, I have not seen you all day" She said and smiled as they walked away together.

"You have such love for nature my dear twin sister, why is that?" Kol asked her and she smiled to herself.

"Nature has such beauty to it that sometimes that beauty can be deadly, much like the beauty of love" Aurora spoke and smiled up at her twin brother.

"Much like you my dearest Twin sister" Kol spoke to her causing her to giggle.

Three nights later

Aurora was with Kol, practicing her magic to help a plant heal, when she heard screams come from the village.

"MOTHER! MOTHER!" Someone yelled.

"That's Niklaus" Kol spoke and they both ran to the village to see their mother holding a bloody and dead Henrick.

"HENRY!" Aurora screamed and dropped to her knees as she saw him and that's when she looked at Niklaus.

"What happened!?" She yelled at him.

"He took Henrick to the woods at night to watch the men shift, and Henrick got caught" Elijah spoke.

"You know seeing the men shift is deadly! And now you have cost us our youngest sibling!" Aurora screamed "This is your fault!"

With that she walked off, not knowing that when she broke, she set something inside her that should not have been set off. She did say that all nature has such beauty to it that sometimes it can be deadly.