The car came to an abrupt stop and that was when she realized that they had reached their destination. Finally.

Here goes nothing.

Taking a huge breath, she got down from the car. Her expression was stoic, apathetic to the enthralling scene that filled her vision, like this was normal, mundane. Like this was what she did every other week, like every highschooler did.

She did a once over at the place, eyes scouring too fast to comprehend all the details. There were pubs, betting areas, familiar faces, loud music, grinding figures, but there was one thing that was uncommon. The mighty thrones of the circuit players, the muscle cars. They were like muscles, some budgy and the others lean. But in the end, they were all what drives the opposite sex crashing on them like sultry waves.

To justify her thought, there were atleast five girls bustling around each car, or the driver, or both.

"Isn't this amazing?" an excited voice whispered in her ear.

She was surprised by the sudden squeaky voice that she almost staggered but a hand caught her steady. She looked at the figure behind the sudden intervention and found a grinning Marly.

"You caught me by surprise," Vanessa told, grinning back.

"Well, the circuit got me in a surprise," she shrugged. She adjusted her jacket and looked around, and a second later, her upturned lips shrunk to a fine line.

Frowning lightly, Vanessa followed her line of vision. When realization struck, the smile in each nerve on her face burnt to ashes and it reflected on her face was a 'no shit' look. They were the limelight of the place, whispers, glances, suspicious, disdained looks were thrown their way.

Taking part in street racing was illegal, but everyone knows 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do' phrase. This was applicable for all teenagers. But to a daughter of the man who had shut down the previous circuits, sued the owners and threw penalty like huge pile of garbage on their face? Definitely no, in bold phase.

"Let's go meet the others." Jared broke the silence, sliding a hand effortlessly on Marly's shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

"Why not?" Marly grinned, shaking away the apprehension and slid her hand on his torso. No nerves, no flushing face.

Vanessa looked at the two with eyebrows scrunched together, trying to comprehend the string. In the end, she sighed, her curiousity smothered by the small voice in her head that said Marly would eventually break it. She nodded curtly and followed the couple, maintaining a comfortable distance away from them.

She hid her jittery fingers inside the pocket of her jacket, trying to ignore the slow fear cocooning her restless heart. When it had almost completely overtook her emotions, the sight of her rest of the girls shook away its hold and it shrinked back to a small glob.

Reen and Jude waved at them and Vanessa returned the gesture with double the initial excitement. She enveloped them into a tight embrace, pouring her relief in her widespread arms.

"I missed you guys a lot."

"Glad to know that we occupy your mind," Jude said uncertainly looking over at Reen, "but we just met yesterday."

Vanessa widened her eyes, "That's twenty four hours, woman. You don't miss me?"

"Course they did," an arrogant voice sneered. "Reen's been talking only about you ever since last night."

Cane smirked, his arrogant features following suit. His black hair stood erect, shining with the excess gel on it. Eyes as blue as the sea, he was as handsome as he was a player. He pulled Reen by the waist and kissed, long and lingering.