Chapter 46

"Okay kiddos," Hopper shouted when he entered the barracks.

That was the signal that Dr Brenner is ready.

We all got up from the floor and walked out of the barracks.

"I gave you all couches to sit on, why were you on the floor?", Hopper whispered to me.

"We are teenagers, we like the floor," I told him.

He didn't have anything else to comment so he just walked off and lead us to Block 4.

He stopped in front of Block 4.

"You know for this test you have to see Dr Brenner? Is that okay with all of you?", Hopper asked the numbers.

They all looked at each other then nodded.

"Are you sure? You really don't have to if you don't want to," Hopper said.

"It's fine sir. We are all okay," Jose answered and everyone else nodded.

Hopper paused for a moment and looked at us.

"Okay then," he said, then walked into the building.

Last night must have really moved them. It may have ended awkwardly but it was worth it.

He lead us inside through the building. Then we ended up outside, on the other end of the block.

"Wait, what?", Sabrina whispered to me.

"Um... hello kids," Dr Brenner said.

We turned around and we saw that Dr Brenner had set up stuff outside the block. There were machines and stuff but the thing that stood out the most was a huge rock.

"What the hell are we going to do with that rock?", Kali whispered.

"I'm pretty sure you are wondering what you are all doing here. And I think I've only explained it to Denise, so I'll tell you all everything," he said.

The others looked at me like I had something to do with it. But yeah I know what he was going to talk about. He began to explain that he had planted some other biological mechanism in Eleven when she was younger, but then we all escaped and he didn't activate the mechanism. But after they came back, he gave Eleven the jab to activate it, which allowed her to harness the energy from the rest of the numbers.

"So we are testing your powers today. You will all give your energy to Eleven through your powers and Eleven will blast the rock over there," he said.

Everyone stared at the large rock. It was basically a huge slab of concrete.

"How do we do this?", Lainie asked.

"You need to beable to harness enough energy for Eleven to absorb," Dr Brenner said, pretending to sound like he was oblivious to the fact that he knows about the void.

"I think we can try something similar to entering the void, except the energy comes from us instead of a TV. This could harness enough energy for Eleven to take in to blast that rock," I explained.

"So we all hold hands, focus on our powers but not enter the void?", Harry asked.

"No blindfolds, no TV, no contacting people?", Kali added on.

"I guess that could work," I said.

The others kept quiet or just shrugged. We created a circle and Eleven stood in the middle. I was between Sabrina and Kali again. We all held hands and closed our eyes in order to concentrate. I felt power flow through my hands and the waves got stronger and stronger. It felt much stronger than it was in the void, probably because the others were more focused. I opened my eyes to see what was happening.