Omega

One week. That's how long it had been since Wylie had seen Shade. One week ago, they tried to escape and one week ago, they had failed. Wylie kept as prisoner until Abby, one of the Elite, seemingly saved him from a ghost, but her eyes, they glowed. That's all he can remember. The next thing he knew he woke back up in his house, well the one he had been staying in, calling his own. Danson paid a visit that night to instruct him on returning to the normal Corneliuville life. When he had asked where Shade was, Danson had just smiled and ignored him, leaving the house.

Wylie had reverted back to his old self, the Wylie that first arrived in Corneliuville. Biding his time, waiting and thinking for more ways to escape, but nothing ever did come to mind. Shade was missing and everyone was acting like he was never there.

His home remained empty. Empty and dark, void of all signs of life. Wylie checked daily, just incase they put him back in there. He didn't really know what to expect, but he clinged to the hope that his friend, the only other person that he had in this prison of a community would resurface.

Another week passes and it doesn't take long for Andrew to rejoin the Elite. Elaina who had been electrocuted by the gates would soon follow, but for the first time since that he has known since he has been in Corneliuville, the Elite stayed at five members. They parading around the streets once more, acting better than everyone else because they were Danson's favorites. Shade was blamed for Elaina injuries caused by the gate and from what little Shade had told him, she had turned on them. It was no secret anymore that Elaina and Toban are item, which meant she had played them Shade. If Shade did somehow push her into the gates, Wylie hoped she fried just like he did.

The next morning as he was walking to the rehabilitation center, he comes upon the Elite. Danson wouldn't give him answers, so he has no other choice to confront the Elite.

"Hey," Wylie calls out to them, "where's Shade?" They come to a stop, all in sync except for Elaina, who due to her injuries, had not been able to fall completely back in line. Toban slowly turns his head towards him.

"Trash, will always be trash," he says with his stupid grin on his face, knowing it will get under Wylie's skin.

"Tell me where he is," Wylie demands. Toban stares at him while the rest ignore him. "I said tell me!" Wylie drops his bag.

"Ignore this plebeian," Toban orders the other Elite, "for he is the scum that we aim to help." Wylie grits his teeth, but holds his anger, and picks up his bag, throwing it over his shoulder. He knew he wouldn't get any answers from them. The only satisfaction he got was knowing that Andrew's mouth was wired shut, most likely from an encounter with Shade. Too bad it couldn't be Toban instead. As he walks ahead of the dreadful five, he held out hope that Shade would rejoin them soon. Brainwashed or not, if he had to, he'd save his friend and together they'd escape.

Danosn walks down a long, dark hall with no windows and so slender that it was claustrophobia inducing. He reaches a wooden door, turning the knob and entering. Once he steps into the light of the room, it is revealed that he carries plate with five pieces of meat on it.

"Jenkins," he calls out, prompting Jenkins to turn from the chair he works in front of, "how is he?"

"Your father is doing great, sir," Jenkins steps to the side revealing the very dead, but reanimated Danson Sr. "I readjusted some of doses and included a sedative, but it's a very strong one, just enough to keep him off his feet for a while." Danson Sr. moans loudly. He reaches out with one arm, but it falls by his waist.

"And the other arm?" Danson asks, looking at his father opposite arm that hangs by the side.

"The dislocation was pretty sever from the last time he got out," Jenkins tells him, "but I am repaired what was necessary, he just needs to remember to use it because he has two."

"Remember to use it, Jenkins?" Danson questions him.

"Yes, you see in his condition-"

"What condition, Jenkins?" Danson interrupts him with frustration in his voice.

"The rate of decay that had taken place when you brought him to me," Jenkins corrects himself, "makes it so that when he receives an injury as the one he suffered, his mind just forgets the body part exists- but no worries, Mr. Danson, we are working on on relearning how to use that arm. All the substance he can get will help him." Jenkins begins to tap the tips of his fingers together and his voice goes to a higher pitch. "Did you bring your father something good to eat today?" he asks, sounding almost giddy.

"Father, you will love it," Danson gets on his knees, holding the plate out to his father and bowing his head. Danson Sr.'s moans intensify as he reaches out taking the meat with his hands and shoving it into his mouth. The moans continue to echo throughout the rom and hall.

A few minutes later, as Danson stands, he turns back to Jenkins.

"What you have done, not for me, but for CVorneliuville is truly magnificent Jenkins," he compliments, "you gave me back my father. How is that boy of your?"

"Very good, sir," Jenkins answers, having tenses up.

"Good," Danson replies, "be sure father knows I shall return later." Danson leaves the room.

"Oh he knows, he always knows," Jenkins says to himself, "my boy will be in so much trouble if you found out he escaped again."

In Jenkin's basement, two sets of chain lay empty, connected to the wall and bloodied. Blood is splattered on the floor, but the basement is empty.

Lunch time in Corneliuville brings all of its residents to the cafeteria of the rehabilitation center. Wylie sighs as he sits down at his usual table, alone. He remembers how happy it made him when Shade sat with him, but now, he finds himself alone, again. He eats around his food because there is no way in hell he is touching the meat. Toban's laughter rings throughout the cafeteria.

"And then right there in the apple orchard, I kicked Shade's ass," he and the female members of the Elite all laugh loudly. Toban looks over to see Wylie at his table all alone. He holds a piece of meat on his fork as if to say cheers to him. Wylie snarls at him before looking away. Danson, with a proud look on his face approaches the table.

"Tell me, son, how is the meat today?" Danson asks proudly. Toban cuts off another piece of the meat and stabs it onto his fork.

"Why father, it tastes little like Shade," he answers and eats the meat, chewing and swallowing it with a satisfying grin on his face.

The End!