Musical Inspiration

Start from the beginning

     “Sure,” I responded curiously.

     “Awesome,” Zack said excitedly.
He quickly ran off the sky deck.

     “I wonder what that’s about,” I said curiously while looking at Zack.

     “I have no idea,” Destiny said looking in the same direction.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at Cody (Walker). I smiled at him as we started to talk again. I love being around him. I don’t know why I feel this way toward him but I feel this spark that lights within me whenever I’m around him. I want to be around him all the time. I know I am in love with him and thanks to Cody (Martin) my choice is a little more clear now.

.  .  .

     I walked into the aqua lounge to find Zack standing by the most beautiful grand piano I have ever seen. There before my eyes was a Steinway white grand piano, one of the prettiest piano's ever invented. I couldn’t believe I was standing before one.

  “Zack what is this?” I asked completely shocked

     “It’s a piano, –“

    “I know that, I mean why did you show me this?” I asked as I smiled and lightly touched the piano.

      “I knew how much you missed playing the piano, – you looked so upset when you thought that you weren’t going to be able to play again, and since there was just recently a piano put into the aqua lounge, I thought it was the perfect opportunity,” Zack said happily.

I didn’t say anything as I looked at him.

     “I did it for you,” he said to me sweetly with a smile.

I was still speechless as I hugged him. I excitedly kissed his cheek.

     “Thank you,” I said to him excitedly.

    “Will you play something?” Zack asked me sweetly with a smile.

     “Of course –“

I a smile of amazement came across my face as I sat down on the piano bench in front of the piano. I have missed being able to sit down and play my instruments. I’ve missed the way it feels to play them. The keys beneath your fingers as you play the piano. The strings on your fingers as you strum the guitar. The way the bow moves softly when you play the violin. There’s something within me that just makes me feel like its one of the places that I belong. I pressed middle C on the keyboard. I smiled as I remembered how great it felt. I didn’t know what I was going to play. I just started to press down on the keys of the piano. It took me a minute to realize I had been playing The Music of the Night. I didn’t care what song I was playing. Not even if Zack thought that I was playing it because of him. All I cared about was being able to play again. Maybe I should play my violin again. I’d love to feel the softness of the strings as I hold the bow, and the strings beneath my fingers on the neck. I was so happy that I was able to remember how to play, and that I could play without missing any beats or notes.