Declan watched for a moment, nodding as he said, "I'm counting on it."

My body turned, walking over to one of the tents and disappearing inside. Immediately, my hands got to work on rolling the blankets and fur that sat inside. Though winter wasn't here yet, the nights told you it would be here soon.

The sound of the flap to the tent opening and closing made it known that someone was inside. The feeling of someone tall and strong behind me made it known that it was Declan.

"Do you think it was a foolish idea, letting him go?" Declan asked, as if seeing if my mind would still speak truly to him.

Not looking at him, I said, "I think if you didn't, men would come here, see what has happened, and assume it was you anyways." It was true.

I stood, pilling the blankets and fur together on the ground before turning to face Declan. He watched me, my every movement like a predator does with his prey. But we were know predator and prey, but predator and predator.

His boots moved him over to me, his hands finding my waste as he looked down at me, my head just touching his chin.

"Your mind works in mysterious ways," He whispered to me, making me blush slightly. It was true, my mind was a mystery, not even known by me fully. That was one thing that Declan Harp fell in love with.

"Well, my mind has many ideas," I said, my hands finding their way around his neck. A smirk played on his lips, as if knowing what would eventually lead to that night. "I'd love to know some of those ideas."

Even in the darkest of situations, even after just killing tons of men, we still find ways to live in the moment and love each other.

By the time morning had risen, we found ourselves back on the boats towards North America to make a trade. Declan and I left our boats early, letting the four Black Wolf Company members carry forth with the fur.

To no surprise, the short man we were coming to make a trade with was standing at the edge of the water, his gun out and aimed at the four men. His voice spoke quietly as he pretended to fire of at the men, his voice coming out, "Bang. Bang."

Seconds after, my body came crashing down on his, my feet kicking his back so he'd drop his gun and land on the ground. He turned, stopping when my knife connected lightly with his neck, "Hello, Rivard," I said with a smirk.

"Anna," He said nervously, wondering if this would finally be the time that I killed him. "Right, right on time."

I hold my smirk as I pull my knife away and take a few steps back, securing it in my hoister. Declan stood next to me, the fighting duo seeming to always stand next to each other.

Rivard stood, wiggling his finger at me as he tried to smile through the fear, "Harp. I see why you picked this one. The fire burns in her like it does you," He said, making Declan's eyes squint in a studding matter at his old trading friend.

The four Black Wolf Company men rode their boats up to shore, unpacking the fur that was brought with them. Rivard sat himself on a fallen tree, pulling out the silver and pilling it in two rows next to him.

"Ah, these are spectacular quality! How many more of these are you able to get?"

"For you? None," Declan said, his stance tall and strong as he stood, watching Rivard's confused face.

Rivard looked to me, as if waiting for a small chuckle to leave my lips and say that we were kidding. My crossed arms said otherwise, worrying him slightly, "I'm confused. Perhaps you don't understand my French accent so well."