2 • The new maths teacher

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't blame them." I muttered back, making him roll his eyes and Dylan turn to me laughing.

"So as you all know your teacher, Mr. Lee, has changed schools-" The teacher started

"He actually went to prison sir." I spoke up, making the entire class laugh, including our new teacher.

"I'm so glad someone said that." Dylan laughed.

"Prison?" The teacher questioned.

"Yeah, he decided that teaching in a prison would be better than here sir." Harry answered.

"Oh, how kind." The teacher laughed again. "Anyway I will be your new permanent teacher. My name is Mr. Hiddleston." He smiled.

Mr. Hiddleston. He's got a London accent, he's smartly dressed, what more could I want?

"Y/n. " I heard someone call. I snapped back into reality to be met by Mr. Hiddleston looking at me with his brows raised like he'd just asked me a question. My eyes widened and darted around the room, looking for answers or maybe even the initial question.

"X is 7." Noah whispered.

"7?" I said, questioning my entire existence, looking back to Mr. Hiddleston.

"Correct." He nodded, moving onto another question.

I slumped into my seat, thanking Noah as he and Dylan just laughed at me, which I replied with a quiet groan, furrowing my eyebrows, totally regretting fangirling over my teacher. I decided to keep quiet or the rest of the hour and maybe listen for once.

When the lesson finished, I packed my things away in my bag and started to walk out with my friends, but I heard someone call my name. I turned to see Mr. Hiddleston motioning time to come over to him. And so I did.

He leaned on his desk, putting each hand down, flat on the table top.

"I just wanted to ask about your grades." He said, making my face turn puzzled, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "You've had absolutely terrible grades in the past but they seem to have jumper suddenly, how is that so?" He asked.

I knew exactly what he was talking about, my past life in England. My family problems. My dad drinking. My brother leaving. I felt my breath quicken and the room felt hot all of a sudden. Only the people who were involved knew, I had never told anyone.

He seemed to notice my change and spoke up again. "Personal problems? It's okay you don't have to tell me. But obviously I'm always here if you need me, I'm not promising I can fully understand or relate but I'm always here to listen and help if I can." He gave a warm smile and I gave a weak on back. He stood up, making me realise how tall he was, and sat down at his desk, staring to type.

"Thank you Mr. Hidd-"

"You're british?" He asked, raising his brows and smiling. "Sorry for interrupting but you I'm sure you know how it is being the one." He laughed.

"You'll get used to it, but honestly being british is a perk in America." I chuckled.

"A perk?"

My smile grew very large. "It's the accent sir." I emphasised, moving my hand like singing in charades.

"Ah." He laughed. "I'll bare it in mind."

"Have you just moved here?" I asked.

"Yeah a few weeks ago for the new school year, I thought I'd adventure or whatever. I've moved near the w-" He was cut off by the next lesson bell.

"Shit." I mumbled.

He just laughed instead of telling me off. "You should go, I don't want you to be late."

I nodded and started to walk out but then stopped at the door, looking back over to Mr. Hiddleston who had noticed I'd stopped. "Thanks by the way." I smiled weakly, remembering earlier.

"No problem, my doors always open." He smiled back warmly. I walked out the classroom finally and headed to my next class, thinking of him. God dammit his personality is perfect too.