Part 5

"I hear you had a disagreement with Captain Rex," Obi-wan said to Anakin as they strode down the corridor toward main ops. They had been called to the bridge to take an incoming transmission from Masters Yoda and Windu. It had been marked as high priority, otherwise, it would've been catalogued into a report to be read later by both Anakin and Obi-wan.

Anakin rolled his eyes. It wasn't so much they had a disagreement, as Anakin didn't want to hear what Rex had to say. Anakin didn't disagree with the fact that Rex didn't know what he was talking about. He just couldn't bring himself to let Ahsoka be in harm's way, if he could prevent it.

"We just see things differently." Obi-wan nodded his head thoughtfully and rubbed his chin.

Anakin was prone to emotional outbursts and attachment.

Yet another sign that Obi-Wan's training had been insufficient. Obi-wan took all the credit for this lacking. Although he wasn't Anakin's master anymore, he still felt the need to try to show him the error in his ways. To suggest alternative strategies for the training of Ahsoka. "You have to let her get her hands dirty," Obi-wan said in a quiet and respectful manner, trying not to stir up Anakin's emotions any further. "I let you lead things before you were a knight. I think I did a fine job in teaching you how to handle the troops. It shows in your ability to get the performance out of them that you want. That takes a general who is respected."

"You did what you thought best," Anakin said trying to keep his voice from seething with anger, although it was hard to do. "I am going to do what I think best now. The war wasn't like this when I was a padawan. There is so much more going on now. So many more chances for padawans to come into harm's way."

Obi-wan shook his head and clucked in his throat. "I seem to remember flying across Geonosis with a padawan learner and some clone troopers. Also fighting with a Sith Lord who had twice the skill he did. Where you not that padawan?"

Anakin shook his head. It seemed so long ago, such a different time. The war had become so complicated now. "Of course it was me," Anakin said sighing and clenching his mechanical hand inside it's protective glove.

Obi-wan had not feared for Anakin and therefore Anakin had learned the hard way not to take on those who had superior skill.

"Okay, so I let her lead and she fails miserably, what then? She ends up with mechanical pieces like I have?" Anakin held up his hand for Obi-wan to see. It had to be a terrible reminder to his former master of the failure on Geonosis.

"You cannot focus on what might happen. Live in what the force wants from you now," Obi-wan reminded and looked away from Anakin's gloved hand. He was sounding like Qui-gon more and more these days. Perhaps it was something that came with age. If only the wise master had been around to give Obi-wan the knowledge he needed to deal with Anakin. Still Obi-wan had taken Anakin's training on and he was responsible for the continued imparting of wisdom. "She will be fine."

Up ahead, standing next to the doors to the bridge were Rex and Cody. They both had their helmets on.

Anakin couldn't help wondering what kind of conversation they were having. He knew that Rex was probably filling Cody in on the disagreement they had over Ahsoka.

Cody was probably giving advice on the best way to deal with a Jedi.

Clones were able to hold a conversation with no gestures or movement of their body. A skill born of their need to speak to each other without Kaminoian involvement.

Anakin envied them and their ability to get away and speak to each other in private. Something he didn't get the luxury of doing very often. Not that he had all that many people to talk to, except her.