Brutally Honest Book Review

Brutally Honest Book Review:

Title: Grace and the Guiltless by ErinJohnsonAuthor

Summary: New YA series set in the Wild West…

 After her family is slaughtered by outlaws, sixteen-year-old Grace Milton goes on a vendetta to capture the gang who did it. When she discovers the corrupt sheriff is being bribed by the gang who killed her family, Grace hunts down the killers on her own. But can she survive the harsh desert, wild animals, rogue lawmen, and dangerous criminals?

 The story will be serialized to completion.

Review: I found this book in Wattpad’s suggestions that are shown in the side when you’re reading something and, although I don’t look at them, my eyes automatically fell on this book. I guess what really drew me in was its cover; it’s beautiful, mysterious and quite promising.

Then I started reading it because the story seemed nice and original and I’m glad I did. The beginning is captivating and immediately shows what kind of character Grace is. It portrays her as a brilliant woman who is great with horses. Her family is introduced as happy and content even with the threat of Indian attacks and the worry of paying rent. But by the end of the first chapter all of it is shattered and, I don’t want to give any spoilers but, it’s the most tragic start to an amazing story.

The story itself is well written and unlike most of the books on Wattpad it actually feels like I’m reading something intelligent and not the ramblings of a twelve year old.

My advice is that you should check it out, give the book a try and see how you like it. It’s definitely worth a read.