Chapter 3: Burning the memories

This chapter was written by: LillaSmolBean
~~~
Song: Burn (Hamilton) by: Lin-Manuel Miranda
~~~
Meanwhile, the green ninja was out exploring his own part of the palace. He wanted to let the others explore without him having to ruin their fun. Certainly, they were invited as guests in the royal palace, however, they didn't just cams here to mess around and fantasize over the golden vases holding jade roses. The emperor and empress specifically asked for their protection and for the mask to not be in the wrong hands. "What are you doing? Why aren't you with your group of friends?" a familiar voice was heard from one of the rooms. Lloyd immediately jumped at the sound of the speaker. He turned his head and felt his heart flutter. Beautiful white hair that define winter, Rose coloured lips, pale skin, a green kimono belonging to a royal. Finally, the small chuckle the princess has on her frontage was all that gave it all away for the young ninja to know he was in love. He found himself reliving a fairytale, was the hero really supposed to fall in love with the beautiful princess?

"P-Princess!" He stammered slightly. Harumi giggled. "I was just...uh...I wanted to explore your lovely home on my own. Find its own secrets. " he answered her question. It certainly wasn't a lie, he really was exploring her home. The palace of secrets, what secrets could it possibly hold? She wrapped an arm around a pillar holding the room together and let her small figure lean on it too. "It really is lovely isn't it? "She gave a little smile and looked up at the ceiling.
"Till this day I don't why this palace is called the: palace of secrets. It just seems like a castle of no requirement. that's all it is." She told her own opinion on the matter. He was quite surprised to hear something like that come out from the princess that inhabited this castle years ago. "Do you enjoy living here princess?" Lloyd inquired.

She sighed and let a while of silence go between them. "It's fine...I suppose. Others say I'm lucky to be living in a castle that screams royalty. But sometimes, i just wish I was back at my apartment..with my real parents. I would use to draw often and they would be proud of my artworks. Now? It's like I don't have the time to do the things I love anymore. " she silently explained. Lloyd looked down. "The emperor and empress don't seem that strict. " he replied, slightly confused.
She shook her head and went closer to him. She looked deep into his eyes. "You don't know my parents." She finished off before walking back inside her room to apply her face paint. Lloyd understanding the conversation was over, he walked off and left the princess be.
~~~
She peeked through the holed-doors and made sure he was gone. There was a spark of satisfaction, seeing him gone.
She closed her doors again and grabbed out several pieces of paper of what seemed to be posters and her drawings of the  five ninja, way before Nya joined the team. She grabbed a candle out of her dresser and lit it up. She sighed. "I saved every drawing I drew of you." she let her hand raise and stare at the piece of paper, the vibrant colours angered her.
"Every time i look at them," her hand clenched the drawing tightly. "I knew you were the hero," her grip got tighter.
"You said you were the hero," tears streamed down her cheeks and finally she completely crushed up the drawing.
"I thought you were the hero. "

She stood up from her bed and walked around the room, holding another piece of paper in her hands. "Do you know what my generals said, when we heard what you've done?" it was if she was asking the ninja, more specifically Lloyd that question. "They said: 'Be careful with that one, boss.' ". "He'll do anything to survive. " she rolled her eyes as she remembered to all their previously fought out battles. The green ninja was always victorious.

"You and your actions have flooded my senses." She referred to the time where the green ninja released the great  devourer. That day, the snake killed her parents. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to calm down, but she just couldn't.
"Your sentences left me defenceless." she crossed her arms, not letting go of the drawing. "You built everyone palaces out of your lies. "she opened her eyes again and stared down at the drawing. It was a drawing of the green ninja.
"You gifted me grief." tears started to stream down her face. "I'm remembering the conversations we had together." she smiled furiously at his lovestruck expressions every time he faced her. "Im searching and scanning for answers. " she went over every word he told her today. "In every line, for some kind of sign," she shook her head and violently punched the wall. "That you understood your crimes.."

"Ninjago seem to burn..." she went back to the candle and dipped one of the drawings in the flame of the object. The paper soon began lighting itself on fire, slowly burning. The princess watched as the flames got closer to her fingertips.
"Burn..." she lit another drawing fire and held both of them on each hand. Once the fire got even closer to her fingers, she threw them inside of the vases of water inside her room. They were there for the princess to water the plants in her balcony.

"The whole city is aware of your heroism." Anger flooded her once again. "You told the whole world how you defeated every vilain one by one. ". "But failing to kill that snake, ruined my life. " she wiped more of her tears from her face away from her mouth, afraid it would choke her words. "Do you know what my generals said when they knew what you've done?" She started to recall how the SOG reacted at the princess's pain. "They said: 'You've idolized a Coward. He's shown fear towards simple beings. " they reminded her. Her generals's voices rung inside her head. Lloyd was indeed a real coward. How could he be scared of anyone? He's the green ninja! He has ultimate power, at one point, he was even scared of his own father.

"You and your words, obsessed with your legacy." She hinted that Lloyd loves his role as the green ninja. However, he just doesn't know when there's world saving to do. "Your sentences influences others." she grabbed the remaining drawings and posters and brought them near the candle. "And you are paranoid in every objection" the papers were close to the flames. She inhaled, breathing in the smoke slightly. "How they perceive you." she lowered her hand even more and the papers touched the flames. "You...you...you..!" She couldn't finish her sentence. The smoke she inhaled from earlier got inside her sentences and tears rolled down faster.

"I'm erasing you from this universe." She dropped the flaming papers on her royal believes carpet and made her way towards her balcony. Where there was fresh air and the moonlight reflected upon her. "Let future histories wonder how Rumi reacted when you destroyed her heart." she raised her hands up in the air, embracing the cold breeze coming by her. "You have ruined it all. ". "I am watching myself burn...". "Watching myself Burn..." her tone got louder as her levels of grief grew unexpectedly. "Your crimes have no right to my heart.". "Your crimes have no right in my head.". "They don't get to know to know what little Rumi said." She recalled when she tried to complain to the citizens of Ninjago that adored the ninja about when Lloyd failed to stop the devourer. She didn't expect that she would be made fun of.
"I'm burning the memories.". "Burning the actions that may have redeemed you." she didn't have a single care in the world if Lloyd saved this city multiple times. In her mind, he's only putting Ninjago into even more danger.

"You forfeit all rights to my heart!" She started to yell in the distance. No one could hear her, but if they did, they'd only think that it was a bypasser. They wouldn't assume the princess had a grudge against the guests of the palace. "You forfeit the place in my head!". "You would stay with your fans instead!". "Im burning the memories." she swipped away her tears like it was nothing. But in reality, it was more than nothing. "Of when you weren't my enemy!" she huffed, trying to regain her breath. She usually doesn't have that much time to yell out her feelings. But this satisfied her.

"I hope that you.....burn."
~~~
To be continued...
~~~
Bea: Hi! So this chapter is written by me! The song used is: Burn(Hamilton) by: Lin-Manuel Miranda! It's an awesome song, make sure to check out the real lyrics on YouTube or Google! If the song wasn't made, then this chapter wouldn't even have a song. I'm glad that RumiVoid that agreed to put this song in. At first she didn't like the idea but every since I got her into Hamilton, she loved the song and begged me to put it back in XD. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be published next monday. So if you like this story, so stay tuned for that. Leave a vote and comment down below your thoughts on this chapter! Cya! 💜

RumiVoid: Hello! So this was chapter 3 of TNBTTV! I really hope you enjoy this chapter. We worked hard behind the story to find the perfect songs and good enough lines to fit the characters. If you like this chapter, leave a vote and comment down below if you're not satisfied with something. Until next time, goodbye! 💚