Oh God, Not The Skating Rink

This time the title says it all. I'm remembering Kates Skates lovers night. It happened at the beginning of the summer and there is a reason I fear that night. But let me set the stage for that first. Put this image in your head, a seventeen-year-old wimp with a twitch. So this said person, askes his girlfriend to meet him at Kates Skates lover night. She declines, saying she has to do homework. I go anyway hoping to have fun and wait, that's where it gets messy. Brad called a sort of hit on me when he heard I was going to the lovers night. He got his friend Steve, a football player who can bench press 250 pounds, to beat the crap outta of me. I get there early because I'm always early, I like being early.  The middle schoolers were being pests running around, asking for money and a few looking like they were really emo. Middle schoolers are nice, really annoying but at least their not huge pricks. Well let me take that back, one of them randomly kicked me in the shins. But anyway I slurped on a slushie waiting in the back. Then I saw him stumble in, completely smashed, I mean he had to go the hospital because of alcohol poisoning and a gash on his head,  that how drunk he was. I mean why would anyone be that drunk, there is no reason to be that drunk. I get that people drink to have fun, wash away their pains, etc. But that is just too much dude.

The second he saw me, he hobbled over and slurred his words"Why are you being a pussy mate? Ima kick your ass!"  I know that was the first cuss words in this story, but I was quoting it, not saying it. A complete difference, now back to my cowardly ways. He throws a punch and I got a black eye. Well not automatically because that's impossible but it happened later.  He was a good shot even when he's drunk. I don't fight back, I never fight back. I run as fast as I possibly could. I ran eight blocks until I stopped to take a breath. I just cried after it for two hours at most.

Two hours after I was hit the crap out of I was seen by my drama teacher. Her name was Mrs.Bates, very nice and she always takes of her students.  She left that year because she was tired of her bosses crap and everyone else's crap. She saw the state I was in and stopped by me and stuck her head out of the window.

"Hey Jake, you need a ride? I really have nothing to do."  Mrs. Bates was nice like that. She just helped everyone she could, it was nice to have her in my life, even though I was the worst actor ever. I mean I could make emotion with my voice but the choreography and the emotions with your face are just really hard to make.

"Yeah, can you drive me to Kate's Skates?" I asked. She opened the shotgun door and I hopped in. 

"So what happened?" She asked as drove in the direction of the skating rink. She seemed chill and there was the stench of fast food and cigarette smoke, it was still kind of comforting.    

"Got hit in the face by some jock, who was probably friends with Brad my ex-bandmate,"  I explained as I tapped my feet to an unheard beat. 

"Sounds full of drama and not my type of drama either."  She could always make me laugh even if stuff like this happened. Even though that was a terrible joke, there was just a right to laugh at it. 

"Yeah, Brad was arrested for stealing beer when he was drunk, which meant theft and underage intoxication. He got everyone in the band to do it but me and Jim." The sun was setting, not exactly the way I wanted to show up at the skating rink but alright. 

"Well damn, you got an interesting life." Okay, second-time quoting not saying, alright?  Also, most kids never hear their teachers cuss, it's interesting to see them do it. They drop the 'I'm a teacher so I never cuss and I'm just a goody good shoes, please give me more cash because I'm such a good role model for these kids act' and just be themselves. 

"Guess so, I rather not have it that way."  

We pull up and I get out. I show the bouncer my ticket at the door and he let me in. Why does a skating rink have a bouncer, kids like Steve, that's why. I go grab some skates and just skate around in the circle.  Because I got nothing better to do. That's almost all you do at a skating rink. Then the slow dance music starts to play. The most cliche thing happens next. The crowd parts and I see Steve kissing my girlfriend, Sarah. That was my what the hell moment. Okay, that was not quoting but this makes me pissed. Also not quoting. I figured out later that not only was Steve doing a favor for Brad, He was also wanting to go to the skating rink with Sarah. He was also still drunk and drinking more in his water bottle. 

I skate up and start yelling at the both of them. "What the hell Sarah! If you weren't happy you should just said.bitch!" I then threw off my skates and they hit Steve in the head, taking him out. That's what took him to the hospital, he wouldn't wake up until the next day with a huge hangover. 

 I ran to where I stashed my shoes and heard her yell "You were always a pussy, bastard!"  I just had to quote a lot, didn't I? I put on my sneakers and dashed out of there. I figured out later that Steve got up and was still trying to skate around afterward before falling on his face and that's when they called the hospital. Well since he was underage and extremely drunk, he got some jail time. A win for me I guess? 

Just as that night could not get worse, it did. Wow, that was cliche as well.  But anyway, I ran home already mentally distressed, to my parents sitting on the couch waiting for me. They must have been wanting to tell me something nice because they looked happy. Must have been weird to see their depressed,sweat-ridden, freaking out son walking through the door. I must have killed the mood.

"Honey, you okay?" My mother asked as I went into the kitchen. He

"Don't wanna talk about it." I grabbed the whole gallon of cool aid and chugged it. It was cherry and my face looked like I had drunk someone's blood

"Hey!" My father yelled, my family does not like when you chug straight from the gallon. I don't think any family does. 

"I'll make an another," I yelled after it was already gone. I then grabbed the packets of cool aid, the sugar, and a clean gallon. The family likes fruit punch so, I start to make it. 

"Jake, we got good news!" My mother exclaimed as she walked into the room, she tried to put on a fake smile. 

"What is it?" I asked with a yawn, running a lot makes you tired. 

"I and your father are about to pay for all of us to go on a cruise." Okay, that shocked me a bit but what was my answer shocked me even more. 

"I don't want to go," I said while shaking the gallon to mix the cool aid.  

"Wait, what!" My father yelled from the living room. He was probably offended that I turned down a once in a lifetime event for a simple few weeks at his forgetful grandmother's house. 

"I said I don't want to go, I'll just go to our grandmother's house,"  I explained as my mom looked with a confused look. I turned around and I saw red, like the cherry kool-aid, I guess I was angry.

"Alright I guess," she said as I walked upstairs, this is where I wished she just argued that I needed to go or something like that. I laid on my bed, cried for a bit and fell asleep. Was I jerk when I said that, yes kids I was. Will I be like that again? Sadly, yes.