Chapter Twenty-Three

Începe de la început

"I don't want her to carry that alone. If she gets better..."

"When she gets better." Sam corrects.

"When she gets better, I don't ever want her to face anything alone again."

"I have a little secret H."

"What?"

"She wouldn't dream of you having to face life's obstacles alone either."

Harry begins to cry again, but I have a feeling the tears are laced not only with sorrow, but anger as well. I hurt him, I lied to him. And when I wake up, I have to make this right.

"We finally got the bleeding slowed down enough to transport her. We're taking her to the hospital now."

"I'm going with you." Harry demands.

"Mr. Styles you can't go, only family."

Please let him go. I don't want to be alone.

I feel like I'm screaming out loud, but no sound is coming out. No words, no noise, I can't audibly say a thing.

"I don't know what your definition of family is, but I'm part of hers, and I'm fucking going."

"Fine, but we need to go now."

Thank god, I need him with me right now. I'm so scared.

All the talking and background noise disappears and I'm starting to get sleepy. Maybe it's best if I rest for now.

***

"Willow I'm here Darling

"Willow I'm here Darling. I'm not going anywhere until you wake up. I promise."

His words have more control than before, but I can still sense the fear and anger in his voice. He's making a valiant effort to sound brave when he's obviously scared. He caresses my forehead and cheeks as he continues speaking.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I want you to know that I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. I don't want to lose you, I just found you. I need you to wake up Baby. Ok?"

I'm still here, I love you too!

I still can't speak or open my eyes. The typical aseptic smell of a hospital room mixed with oxygen flowing through a plastic tube is turning my stomach. All I can do is will my mind to wake up, but nothing's working.

I need to tell him how much I love him. All I want is for him to hold me and take me home. Not to my home, but his home. I'm starting to remember bits and pieces of what happened to me. I recall enough to know that I don't want to go back to that house. Not now, maybe ever.

Memories of what happened are coming in flashes. They go so fast from one to another, it's like living in a horrible nightmare that I can't wake up from. From the fragments I've pieced together, I know this beating was worse than any of the others before.