₁₄ . twin telepathy

Start from the beginning

The phone kept ringing in the kitchen, and still, nobody was answering it. Jim stood up and sighed to himself. He walked over to the kitchen and looked out the back window to see the kids all sitting around a table with cards in their hands. 

"Hello," Jim spoke into the receiver.

"Hey," said the voice of what sounded like a young boy on the other line. Hop instantly assumed that it was probably one of the boys' brothers.

"Uh, who is this?"

"Oh, I'm Richie, Mike's far superior twin. And I'm guessing you're El's dad?"

"That's me," hop said, taking a quick sip of his coffee.

"Well, do you think you could put me on the phone with your future son in law."

"What?" coughed hopper. "You mean mike?"

"That's the one."

"Okay kid, one sec," Hopper sighed and set down his mug. "WHEELER!!!"

Mike sprinted into the house to see Hopper holding the phone towards him.

"Who is it?" mike asked, confused as to who had the number to the house, and who would want to call him.

"Your brother," said Hop.

"Oh," said Mike, a smile spreading across his face, "thanks." He took the phone from Hopper. "Hey," he spoke into the receiver.

"Sup little bro!"

"We're twins, Richie."

"Yes, but you're littler than me."

"Did you just call yourself fat?"

"Or did I just call a certain part of me bigger," snorted Richie.

Mike sighed. "You're funny," he muttered, sarcastically. "What is it?"

"Well, my parents are away this week, so I was thinking maybe all twelve of us could sleep over at my place tonight."

"Oh. That sounds fun, I'll ask Hop and Will's mom if we can."

"Cool. Also, Bev told me about you and El sneaking out last night."

"Oh good, don't say anything around the rest of the party, they'll never leave us alone ever again."

"Tell Beverly that," responded Richie, in a very sassy tone.

"I'm sure you can tell her."

"Oh and also, I could feel that you were swimming last night. It was all weird like I was wet but not actually."

"That's really cool," said Mike. "Also creepy and weird, but still cool."

"Yeah, but it really wasn't cool when it made me freak out. I was so confused."

"Sorry. I wish we could control it."

"Oh yeah. I also wish you could control your dick."

"What?" said Mike.

"Explain why I got a random boner at 3:30 in the morning last night. Also, I could literally feel you getting hickeys. And they were pretty intense, I mean I had no idea that you two had even made it to home base yet. It's fine if you and El want to do that, but not when I'm trying to sleep. Not cool."

"We-w-we weren't doing that," Mike stuttered.

"Then what were you doing?"

"We were just making out," Mike whispered. "It was also our first time doing that. And I don't understand why everyone cares so much what we do together. Max totally freaked out on us this morning."

"Well I mean, those were some pretty intense hickeys for your supposed first time making out."

"RICHIE!" he whisper-yelled.

"Okay, I'll shut up. You guys can come over at 6 if you want."

"Yeah, I'll let you know." Mike hung up the phone, and stood in the kitchen. He wondered what decisions he had made in his life to get him to this point. He had an identical twin brother who was telepathically connected to him. He wondered for a moment what other kind of things that would happen to them.