For him

Whenever I think of you, I feel jittery. It's as though I've downed three days worth of caffeine all at once. We can be teasing each other in person or sending cheesy jokes over snapchat, but it all makes my day a million times better. I'll be smiling to the point that I probably look insane to anyone looking on. But in those moments, I couldn't care less what people are thinking about me because I'm thinking about you.
At your pool party, I wasn't really expecting it to just be your best friends and us. I may have acted painfully awkward at first, but I'm glad it was a small group. I love that you trusted me enough to meet your friends and family because I know what they mean to you. Despite my being an outsider, you told them I would fit right in. I'm still processing though that you told me things about your life that even some of your closest friends didn't know until then. I may have cared enough to ask, but you trusted me enough to answer.
I feel the same way about you too. I can always be myself around you and never have to be ashamed of my past or present. That feeling of comfort whenever you listen to me and give that slight smile is incredible. You haven't been in all the same situations as me, but you still manage to understand. When I struggle to find the right words, you easily fill in the gaps without fail.
You encourage me to be confident and relaxed. You want me to be my best self, whatever that means at the time. You like me even in my glasses and sweats state or when I'm half asleep and not making any sense.
To be honest, when I met you, I wasn't looking for anyone. But then we started talking and just clicked. Between running in the rain and ballroom dancing to soft hip hop music together (since the DJ wouldn't play any of that country music you love), how could we not?
We have that same love of nerdy puns and random facts, but are able to discuss the world and our dreams. We are so similar, but so different at the same time. It's hard to describe, but we're like puzzle pieces. Our colors and patterns line up, but our shapes are opposite and we each stretch beyond a single motif.
You're an amazing friend to me, but even more than that too. I've liked other guys before, but none have managed to make me feel like you do. Instead of being weighed down, I feel like air. No, not air. I feel like one of the planes you dream of designing one day. I may be the one flying right now, but you're the engineer behind it all. I can rely on you to keep me safe and lift me up into the sky in a way only you can.