First Sight

I walk into what my uncle had just called Diagon Alley and immediately I want to be everywhere, do everything, try everything, and buy every single thing that came flying by your head. The smells fill my head along with all of the different people bumbling along in their different colors and swishing clothes. The shop windows were crowded by kids and grown-ups alike, all wanting to see what was going to be unveiled. But there was no way that I could take it all in with only a couple of seconds to spare. With a blink I lose my uncle to the crowd and struggle to keep up. 

        With my head still spinning in six directions at once, "Ooof" I bump my head into my uncle who has now stopped in front of a big building, which I later find out to be Gringotts, a bank of some sort. Uncle Tom tells me to wait outside, but after three seconds of sheer boredom on a bench, I just had to get a peek inside, so I jump off and push the big doors open.

        "What the hell is that" I find myself saying out loud. I immediately blush when people turn to look at me and hurry back out the door and back onto my bench before I burst out laughing.  After the laughter subsided the realization came that I had actually seen something weird, so I summoned the courage back up and slowly open the doors again.

        They were everywhere! The things were in every single stall just casually helping people with money. My eyes kept growing wider and wider until..

        "Goblins, the whole lot of them. Can be a bit tricky sometime, but they're decent. You've never seen one have you?" I turn around to see a red-headed boy standing right behind me, peering into Gringotts the same way I had. He smiles.

        "Well no, but.."

        "George! It's time to go!" A woman that looks similar to that boy calls out to him. She was struggling with a lot of bags and being followed by two smaller kids. The boy winks at me and runs towards her.

        "George huh?" I smile and wait for my uncle on my bench as I was supposed to.

        He arrived a few minutes later with a few small pouches and a tired face. The next few hours were spent in a flurry of shops. My robes were fitted and trimmed to my unfortunate small stature. My bags were filled with cauldrons and scales and books with name of people and places and things I had only heard in stories. The wand sorting was faster and more brilliant then anything I had experienced in my life. With your pouches of strange money now satisfyingly empty I turn to look at the long piece of wood in my hands. Mr. Ollivander had told you that is was made of Yew, 10 inches long, with a core of Phoenix feather and that it was slightly springy. It sat delicately in your hands as I found myself agreeing to meet my uncle at the ice cream parlour in three hours time. I lay it back into its box and look up to find myself alone in the crowd once again.  I shrug and look at the stores that were around me, the possibilities were endless!!

        "The candy store? The animal shop? Or maybe that Quidditch one? Ooooo maybe the... oh yes!"

        Without a single fragment of doubt in my mind I walk towards the joke shop with excitement building up inside. The shelves of stuff were overflowing with things that I could use to prank even the cleverest of people, but as I turn the one that had all of the vomiting pranks I find myself looking at a very familiar face. I get nearer to talk to him, but then right next to him, looking at some sort of box was the exact same head. Everything in this new place just had to surprise me huh? I decide to go for the gut instinct and talk to the nearest head.

        "So, it's George huh? Managed to escape your mother?" I say with a mischievous smile.

        "Actually its Fred" I sigh as I realize I had made a grave mistake, "But yes, we managed to escape her. She probably knows where to find us though, it is our second home in a way." He looks around until he finds the other head. "Hey George! Is this that girl that you scared at the bank?" The head turns around and once again smiles and winks over at you.

        What is it with this boy and his winking?

        "Let's recap then" he says, "You've never been anywhere near here, have you?" I shake my head and giggle. "And since you found out our names, can we have yours?"

        "Sophie"

        "Well, Sophie. I think its time we become your tour guides and fix that little problem of yours" He takes my hand and leads me out the door.