Chapter 2- Reencounter

Y

SH's POV

It's almost time for me to leave and I'm still on the couch in shock.

YSH: How is that possible?!?

YSH: Does she still remember me? 

YSH: What if she doesn't? 

YSH: I wonder how has she been... Sweet cheese and crackers! I can't meet her again dressed like this! 

 Sweet cheese and crackers! I can't meet her again dressed like this! 

Suddenly Eun-sook opened the door

LES: Mr. Yoo! 

YSH: AISH!!! Aaaaah you almost gave me a heart attack, Eun-sook!

LES: Sorry, master, but it's time for you to leave

I looked down at my outfit and sighed

YSH: Don't I have a little bit more time?

LES: No, Mr. Yoo, you're running late actually. It's already 12:10

YSH: What?!?!? I'm running late! On my first day of reading! 

Hurriedly, I grabbed my coat and then rushed to my car

YSH: Jesus Christ, Seung-ho

KHJ's P.O.V

I was riding in the car with my manager when curiosity hit me.

KHJ: Hey, Mr. Byun

BBH: I already told you, Hye-jin, if you keep calling me Mr. Byun I'll start calling you Ms. Kang and I know you won't like that. Call me Baekhyun (A/N: 😎) 

KHJ: Aaaaah, ok Baekhyun-oppa. Baekhyun-oppa, who's the guy I'm working with? Y'know, the other star of the show? 

BBH: Oh, he's called Yoo Seung-ho. He's a very recognized young actor. 

...Yoo Seung-ho?

KHJ: *spits water * YOO SEUNG-HO?!?!?

BBH: Yeah, does his name sound familiar to you?

KHJ: It's... Well, yeah!

BBH: No wonder! He really is praised all around the continent!

I stayed silent for the rest of the ride, thinking about Seung-ho and our childhood together. Then, I broke into a cold sweat: I'm seeing my best friend after 10 years 

The heck?!?! What are you doing, Hye-jin? You should get him a gift! But what was his favorite thing? I thought about it for a while and then remembered.

KHJ: Cats!
BBH: What?
KHJ: Baekhyun, are there any pet stores nearby?
BBH: Well my pal Minseok owns a pet store not very far from here, but why do you ask?
KHJ: Long story, can you drive me there?
BBH: Yes, of course.

We arrived to a small store five minutes later and a guy that looked like a kitten greeted us.

KMS: Baekhyun-ah! Long time no see, dude!
BBH: Hello, Minseok-hyung! How's business?
KMS: Pretty good, and who's this little miss?
KHJ: Hi! I'm Kang Hye-jin!
KMS: Kang Hye-jin? The actress? What brings you here?
KHJ: Well I wanted to buy a cat, but I need it to be fast. Which one is your cutest cat?

I ended up buying a small orange cat named Sunny and being held an hour late to the script reading, but at least  had a gift.

YSH's POV

After stopping by a pet store to buy Hye-jin a dog (I got her a Pomeranian named Plush) I arrived to SBS' buildings and got off my car.

YSH: Thanks for the ride, Hansol!

I thanked my driver and as he drove away another car entered the parking lot. I could see a woman get off the car with a kitten in her hands and thank a handsome guy for bringing her here, her boyfriend I assumed. After that, the guy drove off and she turned around to face me. It was her.

KHJ'S POV

I locked eyes with Seung-ho and approached him with Sunny in my arms. I could see he also had a pet inside a cage, a Pomeranian to be specific. We stared at each other until he broke the silence.

YSH: HYE-JIN?!?!? IS THAT REALLY YOU?!?!?
KHJ: SEUNG-HO!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!

We hugged each other for a while and I could smell his cologne. Wow, he's got a really good taste. We stopped hugging each other after a while and he put his hands on my waist

YSH: Let me look at you... Wow, you grew up pretty well. You look so good...
KHJ: Haha, thanks! You look pretty handsome yourself, too! I've missed you a lot, Seung-ho oppa!
YSH: Here, I brought you a little something...

And he handed me the cage

KHJ: Wow, thanks!
YSH: His name's Plush
KHJ: I also brought you something! See this little girl in my arms? Her name's Sunny
YSH: Awww, thanks! You know I love cats, don't you?
KHJ: Yes, you always have

And we laughed. Then I remembered I was here to work and looked at my watch.

KHJ: OMG, SEUNG-HO! WE'RE ALREADY AN HOUR LATE!
YSH: Whaddya say if we race our way up there?
KHJ: *smirks* Challenge accepted.