hailstorm boy || ☈

|| watching raindrops roll down car windows, heavy boots and oversized hoodies, uncomfortable reading positions, holey shirts, that crooked book character smirk-slash-grin, off topic obscure facts, corner booth seats in restaurants, eyes full of intensity in a way that you can never tell us good or bad

ヽ・。。・゜゜・||

|| b a s i c ||

• name •
niles ford
niles // a hebrew name in origin meaning river

• nicknames •
nie
an assortment of names from his dad, mostly thinks like 'dumbass' or 'queer'
whatever y/oc calls him

• pronouns •
he/him

• age •
18

• sexual orientation •
homosexual

• ethnicity •
half african american//white

• birthday •
july, 8th

• education level •
highschool graduate, not the best gpa. really bad scores from the one time he took the ACTs

• languages •
just english

• basic history •
niles life hasn't ever been pretty. his home life has been a mess since he was a kid, since his mom dropped out of his little family when he was just seven and his father never quite recovering from the loss. she found someone better apparently, running off with a neighbor  after kissing niles goodbye. he hasn't seen her since. his father immediately turned to his old life before she had saved him, drinking and depression that was lost to everyone except his son. earl was able to keep his job and his public image mostly intact, but when he was home alone he was a completely different mess. usually he took that out on niles, who had been a loud child still grieving the disappearance and betrayal of his mother who apparently didn't want him. it turned to him acting out and his father disciplining him. it started off fine but as the two of them started to loose themselves more and more, nile's father's discipline spiraled from civil to malicious abuse. he went to hitting and burning and managed to cover it up his whole life. afterwards the man always felt bad and made it up to niles anyway he could, and some weeks would even level out towards them having a normal father son relationship. then something would tip earl off and they'd go back to fighting and niles getting hurt. their relationship has been rocky to say the least because of it and niles had been on in a revolving door of hating the man to trying to forgive him or justifying the abuse. when niles became a teenager, at about fourteen, earl got a new girlfriend and some of the abuse slowed down. he tries not to tell anyone about it since he still cares for the only parent he has left.