fifteen ; like a virgin.

Start from the beginning

"I don't have a crush on him," Alicia said sharply, stiffening. Tina noticed. Quinn watched her carefully. She pulled away, casually straightening her leather jacket to hide her growing dread. "I don't."

"Please, you're like a cat in heat around him--"

"Hey, guys," Will interrupted. Alicia sighed in relief. Saved by the teacher. "I'm sorry to interrupt your little sorority, but I couldn't help but overhearing. Are you really having that much boy trouble?"

Quinn was bemused. At least she wasn't staring at Alicia anymore. "You wouldn't understand, Mr. Schue. You're a guy."

"Well, then maybe you should talk to someone else about it. Like Miss Pillsbury," he suggested.

"I tried that," Rachel sighed. Alicia's eyes widened. She could only imagine how terribly that could have gone. It was obvious that, due to Miss Pillsbury's unique condition, she was likely uncomfortable with . . . intimacy. That was probably why she pulled away from Mr. Schuester so much.

The school bell rang shrilly. The girls gathered their belongings, including Alicia. Quinn approached their director. "The fact is that women still earn seventy cents to every dollar that a man does for doing the same job. That attitude starts in high school."

As the other girls filed out of the choir room, Alicia hesitated. Her fingers nervously picked at the strap of her bag, eyes downcast as she walked up to Will. "You won't tell Finn, right? What-- what Santana said."

"No. Of course not. But . . ." Will paused. This must be difficult for him. "Is it true? Do you two . . . do you . . .?"

Alicia swallowed hard. "I need to get to class. Thank you, Mr. Schue." She fled from the choir room, ignoring when he called after her. Running from your problems was rarely a brilliant idea, but sometimes, it was the only viable option.

As Alicia headed towards class, Santana cut in front of her. She froze. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Santana smirked. "Oh, no. I'm just giving you a warning. I'm sweet like that." She leaned closer, dropping her voice to a whisper. "Your little thing for Finn? Not gonna work out. I kind of think I'm more his type, don't you?" 

When Alicia didn't answer, she continued. "I mean, obviously he has some kind of weird hobbit kink on alternate Wednesdays. Just look at you and Rachel. I try not to, 'cause it hurts my eyes, but still. He'll always go back to cheerleaders. That's how it works with football players."

Alicia lowered her gaze. Her yellow converse were not the most fascinating sight, but it was easier than facing Santana. "Finn's my best friend," she whispered. She wanted so badly to be lion-hearted like Kurt and Quinn, but when it came to confrontation, she shied away. "That's all he is."

"Try convincing yourself that." The bell rang again. Santana brushed past, purposely smacking her shoulder into Alicia's. She stared after her.

Convince yourself.

Easier said than done.

. . . 

Personally, Alicia thought Madonna Week was a wonderful idea. Not only was she excited for Kurt's multimedia project, but morale had been low within New Directions.

Which led to where Alicia was now. Feet propped up on Finn Hudson's cluttered desk, blonde hair slung across the back of his chair as she slunk deeper into it. "I have no idea what song I'm going to sing for this week's assignment," she said. "Individually, I mean. I know I sang Express Yourself with the other girls earlier, but . . . I really want to do something on my own. Oh! Maybe you could sing with me?"