Chapter 2

The day of the anime event came and the male, Jaylen Pearce, arrived to the venue earlier than the crowd since he has been chosen to have a spot to sell his artworks. He went in with his best friend, Kyle Frey, and started setting up his booth. Jaylen is wearing his usual hoodie sweater, black pants with chains on it, wrist band on both his wrists and a plain black mask to cover his mouth and nose.

"Jay, come on, this is your booth and you are just going to sit there?" Kyle said as he rolled his eyes, wondering why he is the one setting up the booth when it's not even his. Jaylen sighed as he got up from his chair and started helping. As he reached down to take his keychains out, his wrist band could be seen. "Serious? Again?" Kyle asked as he looked at Jaylen. "None of your concern." Jaylen said softly as he could feel his heart hurting again from doing something he will regret. Kyle sighed and kept putting out Jaylen's artworks onto the table.

Just when he finished setting up his booth with Kyle, he felt his phone vibrated and he unlocked his phone. A small smile appeared when he saw the familiar username. "Morning." The message came and he immediately replied back. "Morning." "You woke up early today." He added. "You think so?" The reply came and he smiled at the reply. "I'm busy today so i have to wake up early." Another message came in. "Me too. Tired.. Zzzzzz" Jaylen replied back and a laughing emoji is sent as a reply.

Kyle saw the smile Jaylen had on even though half of his face is being covered by the mask, he is still glad that Jaylen has found someone he could talk to and make himself happy. Jaylen noticed his best friend staring and looked at him. "Not going to ask me who i am talking to?" He asked through his mask and Kyle shook his head with a smile. "I trust that you will tell me once you are ready." Kyle said and Jaylen smiled. "Thanks Kyle." He said softly yet his eyes showed sincerity and gratefulness for his best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote #1:

"Depression is living in a body to that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die."